Sunday, 29 November 2015

Whoooooooo are you, who who, who who

Hello brave new world! My name is Shell – what’s yours?
Now that we’re semi-acquainted, I guess you want to know a bit about this blog and what it will stand for right?
TNL will essentially house my verbose ramblings about beauty with some bits about life, music and other things thrown into the mix – for me, this blog will be a little bit like those mixed bags of lollies you used to get from the milk bar for about 5 cents when you were a kid. (Oh those days…) I don’t want to feel restricted in terms of content and my interests are sort of diverse, so it only stands to reason that I curate this bit of online space as such. Of course, like all things, content could be subject to change down the track; but for now I’m happy to roll with this kind of bigger picture idea I have in my head.

So, what’s behind the blog name you ask?

I consider myself to be a novice at a number of things, from achieving a multi eyeshadow look to mastering a fishtail braid (tool or sans tool) to holding down a conversation with someone new without worrying about awkward silences to, I guess, the delicate art of being human. I firmly believe that even as we grow (and grow older) as human beings, we are still at some stage newbies at something and therefore never stop learning. I’ll be somewhat attempting to celebrate that & a whole lot more with this bloggy blog.

As for the name itself, it’s a play on the phrase “the modest life”. (Get it? Modest, novice, it kind of rhymes doesn’t it? Yeah, I’m a bit of a dork.)

Why I’m doing this

In a nutshell, I guess you could say I had a brainwave, which I may get around to explaining one day in a post. I’ve enjoyed writing in the past & felt that I was decent at it, so here I am, having a go at this whole blogging thing. I really don’t know where I’m headed, but at least I’ve begun pursuing this idea and that for me is an achievement in itself.

Brace yourselves people; we’re in for a ride!

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on starting your blog!
    I thought about blogging for far too long and wish I'd started earlier! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've thought about doing this for nearly 18 months now, but had to get my head around not only the idea but also what to do & where to start. Already it's been quite the learning curve!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on starting this new and exciting adventure! I'm looking forward to your posts! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased about this, Hun. As I said previously, you need to be ready yourself. I've always loved your honesty and ability to say what you think and I honestly feel you'll be brilliant at it. Just don't put yourself under any pressure to "fit into" a framework or whatever, will you? Congratulations, a fantastic beginning. I couldn't find where to add to "Follow your blog" unless it comes up when I press publish with the comment.
    With love,
    Trish_D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely Trish! I have enabled "follow by email" now, sorry about that.

      Don't worry, I'm definitely NOT putting myself under pressure to fit in, nor am I concerned about finding my "niche" or gaining loads of followers straight away. As I mentioned above, I don't wish to restrict myself too much in terms of content & I'm quite happy to run at my own pace. For now I'm going to enjoy the ride & whatever it brings is a bonus. :o)

      Delete
    2. Good one, Shell. I've ticked the follow by email. Lovely to see you're going "to run your own race."

      Delete
  4. Hey Shell, congratulations on your new blog. I only follow a few blogs from some of the BH ladies. Good luck on this one Shell :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you CB (if that is you...I'm presuming so)! Hopefully TNL will be another blog that you'll follow. ;o)

      Delete
  5. Ooh, welcome to the blogging world, Shell. I'm so happy to see that you have started your own blog xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the warm welcome Indie! :o)

      Delete
  6. Hi there Sea-Shells! For some reason, I can't be misfortune8 here, but you probably recognise the avatar.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your avatar is highly recognisable ;o). Besides, I've seen you commenting over at Kat's blog under this name, so I knew it was you.

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)