Thursday, 3 December 2015

Empties Time! (October/November)



If I’ve learnt anything from reading beauty blogs, it’s this: everyone loves 3 types of posts – people’s stashes, shopping hauls and their monthly empty products. Today I’ve got the latter for you to enjoy reading, so grab a cuppa & settle in.

If I'm honest I don’t really finish up many products per month, so these posts will be a bi-monthly thing here at TNL, although I will do an empties post for December just so I can round off the year in a nice fashion & start afresh in the New Year.

Anyhoo, let’s get into it:



LAVANILA Vanilla Summer Body Butter
I'm going to be reviewing this soon on the blog, but **SPOILER ALERT** I love this stuff.
Repurchase?  I've got another tube waiting to be opened, but once that's done I'll definitely be "adding to cart".

Botani Olive Hand Cream x2
You better get used to seeing this in my empties posts because until I decide to move on & find something else, you’re going to see this all the time. I go through a tube of it every. single. month. (Yep, I’m that dedicated to the state of my hands!) However I wish it wasn’t so damn expensive – having to fork out $24.95 at a time is too much, given how quickly I finish it….which is why I bought a shitload of the stuff at Priceline's bi-annual 40% off skincare sale in July and will do so again at the next one. These 2 are tube numbers 3 and 4 and I'm about to crack open my 6th and final tube (sniff sniff) so I'm not sure I'll have enough to last until the next 40% off sale, which will either be at the end of December or the end of January. I hope it's the former.
Repurchase? Duh, of course!

Cetaphil Suntivity SPF30+ Liposomal Spray for Body & Face
Up until earlier this year, I had a thing against sunscreen sprays before trying this & becoming a convert. It spreads really nicely across my body & face & the best thing about it all is its non-irritating, which is something I found would sometimes happen with my previous sunscreen from Neutrogena. Only downside is the nozzle gets a bit clogged sometimes when you’re towards the end of it. Oily shiny people take note: you might want to steer clear of this because it will make you look even shinier.
Repurchase? Already have!

La Mav Jojoba Bead & Argan Oil Exfoliating Scrub
This is quite a nice manual facial exfoliating product – it’s not too harsh (unless you apply pressure) and my skin does feel nice after use. However, I feel like it’s time I moved on from manual exfoliants & moved towards something different. I’ve just recently purchased Alpha-H’s Gentle Daily Exfoliant (a product I’ve wanted to try for eons) for myself for Christmas, so hopefully that might become my new fave.  
Repurchase? Maybe, but not for now.

Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief Multi-Protection toothpaste
Didn’t like this, it didn’t do much for my sensitive teeth & I couldn’t quite discern what the “multi-protection” part of this was.  
Repurchase? Nup.

People for Plants Hand Cream
Whilst the Botani hand cream has been my hand cream of choice for some time now, I was using the PfP one in my handbag. Took me forever to finish it and I didn’t really like the consistency of it. Too little & I feel my hands aren’t that moisturised, too much & this stuff takes forever (and ever) to work into the skin, plus it left my hands feeling strangely wet.  
Repurchase? No.

Flora Cotton Buds
No, the margarine brand hasn’t suddenly gone into the cotton business….this appears to be a French brand of cotton buds. I’m taking a stab at this because even though I don’t speak French, there’s French writing on it + I know my brother’s been to France, so I can only presume that he bought them whilst over there years ago. I just used them for clean-up when painting my nails, nothing special really.  
Repurchase? Only if I went back to France & ran out of cotton buds on the way.

Manicare Moisturising Nail Polish Remover Pads in Coconut
I don’t know about you, but lately I’ve decided that I don’t want to put up with the smell of normal nail polish removers any more. They’re just….ugh. Anyway, I’ve used these nail polish remover wipes before & I dig them. The scent is great & they really are moisturising, although I scrub my nails post-nail polish removal anyway. Downsides? I use about 4 or 5 each time I remove nail polish, so if you’re someone who sports polish a lot, you’ll be buying them every week. That doesn’t really bother me though, I still like them and they’re better on my nose than those other stinky polish removers. Not going to be a tight-arse here.  
Repurchase? I will once I’ve finished up the limited edition ones that Manicare did with We Are Handsome. If you haven’t checked them out, then do so – who wouldn’t want their nails to smell like pineapple or melon? (Sadly I can't find a link for them online, so you'll have to go into Priceline to check them out.)



Lanolips 101 Ointment
Oh how I love this stuff! I use this as my daytime lip balm and it rocks my socks. Only problem (aside from the price) is it can wear off quickly, but most lip balms do on my parched lips. Like all lanolin based products, sometimes it squeezes out a bit too well & other times I have to use all my might to get anything out. It’s a small price to pay for greatness though.  
Repurchase? Already have.

asap CC Colour Correcting Cream
I received 2 samples of this when I ordered some stuff from Alive Skin & Hair, although this wasn’t quite the one I requested – at the time they’d sold out of the Soothing Gel sample that I ordered, so I got sent this instead. I didn’t like it; it was the wrong shade for my fair skin (to be fair though, it only comes in one shade) and it irritated me ever so slightly upon application. I used this up by mixing it in with some sunscreen & wearing it around the house, but even then I looked slightly orange. My 2nd sample went to someone else.  
Repurchase? Nope nope nope.

Avéne Cleanance Spot Treatment Pen
Whilst I don’t suffer from acne, I can get spotty around "that time of the month" and this pen saves my bacon when my skin decides to chuck a hissy fit & erupt.
Repurchase? You bet!

Moogoo Eczema & Psoriasis Cream (old formula)
As a sufferer of eczema, I of course need stuff to alleviate that shit. This…well…didn’t exactly do the trick, but that may be due to not using it as often as I should. Or maybe it just isn’t that great after all. It didn’t get rid of the (perceived) eczema on my face, but I think my problem might be deeper than that. I didn't finish this, but I stopped using it recently after having some procedures performed on my face & this tube was due to expire in January anyway, so off to the bin it goes.
Repurchase? I think you know my answer.

Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

So how did you go in the empties department last month?

2 comments:

  1. You certainly got through a decent amount of products! Great job xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)