Friday, 18 December 2015

NOTD: Party Pout


I hadn't planned on doing this exact mani at all. I tried to paint my nails on Wednesday without success - my colour was coated on too thickly & my top coat was misbehaving. Trying to paint your nails in a warm house is a nightmare I tell you! Anyway, after seeing my chiropractor sporting festive red & silver glitter accented nails yesterday, I felt inspired to give this a whirl + after a brief halt in proceedings, I really wanted to get back on track with my summer Project Polish.

Here's what I used:


Essie - All In One
Butter London - Trout Pout
Ciaté - Party Shoes (mini)
Essie - Good To Go x2 (the bottle marked "S M" I used as top coat for the glitter accent)

Taken outside in the shade/afternoon light...where you can see my not-so-professional handiwork and the beauty of that glitter.


Each nail has 3 coats + 1 coat of top coat.

Party Shoes was easy to work with. I used a dabbing method to get enough glitter onto my nails, although I did brush it on in parts as well. Trout Pout on the other hand....ugh. Suffice to say, if I didn't love this colour I'd chuck it because the formula can cause balding - something you don't want when you're DIY manicuring. I know my technique isn't perfect but still....even with 3 coats I can still see brushstrokes & (maybe) some gaps in some of my nails. You might not be able to see that in the photos though. I think I'm definitely going to have to do a rant post about Butter London at some stage!

Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

Are there any polishes you own & love that have formulas you hate?

1 comment:

  1. The gold accent nail paired with the coral looks gorgeous! I find that with all brands, there are some hit and misses when it comes to coverage.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)