Monday, 14 December 2015

The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger Tag

via Bustle
(Updated 10/7/17)

I’m pretty sure this tag has been floating around the interwebs since forever, but I discovered this over at Gypsies & Pixies the other day & thought it’d be fun to do & a fun way for my readers to get to know me…so here it is!

1. Name a beauty regimen that you rarely do.
Oh a number of things! I don’t bother fake tanning (although I might give it a go next summer) and I rarely wear eyeshadow or eyeliner due to oily eyelids/no eye primer/my inability to apply both in a manner which looks polished & suitable for my eye shape. Then again I rarely wear makeup full stop. I need to get my butt to a make-up course...

2. Is washing your makeup brushes something that you do regularly?  
Yes! I wash mine after each use or every 2nd use, purely because…see the end of question #1.

3. How long will you last with chipped nail polish? 
2 seconds. No seriously, chipped polish is one of my beauty pet hates & I can’t stand seeing it on other people, let alone myself. As soon as I get a major chip in my nails, off the polish comes. All you ladies out there walking around with only a scrap of polish on your nails, get the polish remover out & TAKE IT OFF you lazy sods!

4. How long will you put off buying/replacing a beauty product, even if you need it?  
Makeup I tend to do without until I have an event coming up that I need stuff for (and even then I tend to just re-purchase foundation); skincare & hair stuff like shampoo & conditoner I’ll ration out until there’s a sale on or I just get sick & tired of being a tight-arse.

5. What is your worst beauty habit?  
Being lazy with hair washing. I have the type of hair that requires a wash every 3 days or so & sometimes I really can’t be arsed doing it because my roots can occasionally look oily the next day + I don't want to strip my colour too fast either. Hair washing & styling is something I would gladly outsource often if I had the $ to afford it! (Twice a week blow-drys anyone?) I know I mentioned that I can't stand chipped nail polish, but I must confess I enjoy peeling it off...terrible habit I know, but I can't help it!

6. Name something non-beauty related that you put off doing all the time?  
Most things (if procrastination were an Olympic sport, I'd win a gold medal for Australia lol), but there's only so many times I can look at mess or dishes piling up before I get motivated to tidy up. Same goes with putting off making appointments...I can only tolerate my internal BS to a certain point.

7. When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready to the last minute?  
Hell no! I’m normally the one taking about 1-2 hours to get ready haha. At a push I need 5 minutes if I’m just going to the shops & I’m not wearing makeup, but if it’s a day event or a night out where I’m doing makeup the most I need is about 20-30 minutes, provided I don’t need to do my hair as well....in that case add an extra 30-45 minutes.

8. Can you commit to spending bans? 
Probably. Never say never right? I can be good with saving if I need to be.

9. How organised are you makeup and nail polish collections?  
Very organised. My small makeup collection is housed in an Ikea organiser & most of my nail polishes are in a stepped holder in both colour AND brand order (because I’m a Virgo & this is what we do). My un-opened polishes are in a nail polish tower & I’ve also got other nail-related paraphernalia in a cake decorating organiser.

Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

I’m not going to tag anyone, but if you feel like answering it either in the comments below or at your own blog, feel free!

P.S. I've linky linked this to Ingrid's Monday Makeup Madness Party - go on, add yourself! You know you want to.

12 comments:

  1. A fun read. I love tag blog posts xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Indie, aim accomplished! :o)

      Delete
  2. I wash my brushes once per week, i try to aim for twice per week but the whole wet brush thing doesnt work out to well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True...I guess if you use them more often than I do then I think once a week should suffice. :o)

      Delete
  3. Every time I've ever done a 'spending ban' I ended up spending more than I have in the last few weeks as it seems all the great offers appear!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always warn people to give me plenty of time in advance when they want to hang out. I am so NOT a get-ready-in-5-minutes kind of person :) (although that's usually because IT TAKES ME FOREVER TO CHOOSE WHAT TO WEAR. And I feel naked without lipstick :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty good with my clothing choices provided I've layed out what I'm going to wear beforehand, but if I haven't then I can be a bit indecisive...although if I've only got 5 minutes I'll just grab whatever I see. I'm naked without lip balm personally - have that, will travel.

      Delete
  5. Hair washing is my pet hate - I have super thick hair do washing it means spending too much time drying it or its fizz city. Even when I spend time drying it can still end up fizz city

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I've got the opposite - fine hair but lots of it. Thankfully mine doesn't take too long to dry, but in humid weather it gets frizzy/flyaway. Frizz is the enemy!

      Delete
  6. I can totally relate to your Virgo need to be organised! I too am a Virgo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, your birthday is a day before mine I think (I'm September 1st, you're August 31st?). Virgos unite! :o)

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)