Monday, 11 January 2016

Empties Time! (December 2015)

empty beauty products
 
I've surprised myself with how much I finished up last month. 8 items (ok, technically 7 because one of them isn't quite finished, but who's counting!) is excellent for me, but there's about 2 or 3 or maybe 4 other items that I would've liked to have finished but didn't get around to it. Hopefully they'll be in the next empties post.

Let's get into it:

empty beauty products


LAVANILA Body Butter - Pure Vanilla
I don't need to say anything other than read my review. Repurchase? Hell yeah!

Cetaphil Suntivity SPF30+ Liposomal Spray
My sunscreen of choice, although I am curious to try the SPF50+ lotion from them as well. Might pick that up in Priceline's next 40% off skincare sale (which I'd say is happening some time this month) as I'm beginning to run out of my current bottle of this stuff. I'm going through it quicker now that I have to be stricter with sunscreen usage. Repurchase? Already have.


Trilogy Very Gentle Cleansing Cream
I reviewed this on Beautyheaven a while back saying that whilst it's nice, I think one of the ingredients in it (namely avocado oil) was causing me to break out for some reason & that opinion hasn't changed with my 2nd tube of this. So why did I re-purchase it? After having the skin cancer biopsies, I was advised to use something gentle on my skin & I wasn't sure if my normal Trilogy cleanser would cut the mustard, so I went back to using this because I knew it would be gentle enough. I do like it, but aside from the breakout issue, sometimes I feel like there's still residue on my skin post-cleanse and 2 negatives outweigh 1 positive in my mind. Repurchase? Probably not.


Springfields Rose Hydrosol face & body mist
I absolutely love this stuff, but Springfields have discontinued it. Really pissed off about that because it was/is such a nice facial mist, the best I've tried since A'kin's rose facial mist (also discontinued). Why do companies do this to us? Repurchase? I would if I could.

empty beauty products



Botani Olive Hand Cream
Yeah, another one. As I said in my last empties post, get used to it. Repurchase? Up to my last tube as we speak.

Manicare x We Are Handsome nail polish remover pads in Pineapple Crush
Lurrrrve these. They smell like a ripe pineapple & definitely do the job in the nail polish removing department. Repurchase? Already have.


PHR Recovery Leave-In Moisturiser (sample)
Received this sample in my first/last Natural Supply Co order, but didn't use it until I went away over the Christmas break. My impressions are that I like the thinness of it (good for my fine hair), not fussed on the smell (sort of coconut-y, but not a good coconut smell) & it did a good job in the moisturisation department. Got 2 or 3 uses out of it, mostly to protect my colour when in the water. Repurchase? Maybe, but I've got another leave-in cream to get through first.


Essie All-In-One
This is the bottle I mentioned in my Project Polish post. I know it looks empty in the photo, but believe me it's not. I stopped using this bottle because it kept thickening up every time I went to use it & it went gluggy on my nails too, so it's time it met my bin. I wasn't intending on using this ever again, but after a base coat fail with Orly's Bonder (also in the project), I've gone back to it because I know it's not going to turn my nails a yellow-orange shade when I use it. Repurchase? Already have.

Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

What did you finish last month?


6 comments:

  1. I keep forgetting nailpolish remover pads exist! I must check these out when I'm in Priceline next. Pineapple-scented, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully Priceline will still have some left...they've had a number of sales on Manicare stuff recently & some of the stores I've been to have been absolutely raided. Luckily I stocked up. I highly recommend the pineapple, melon (both of which are limited edition) & the normal coconut ones they have.

      Delete
  2. I generally use sunsense sunscreen but I have two small samples of suntivity in my stash, I've been curious but your post just reminded me to use it!

    http://lilynotlouise.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you'll like it as much as I do. :o)

      Delete
  3. I've finished loads of samples and hair care products in the last couple of months. I have been making a concerted effort to finish off all my products with only a bit remaining, and also my almost finished shampoo bottles where I had already finished the matching conditioner! I have this thing where I prefer to use matching shampoo and conditioner, so I had just been putting aside the unfinished shampoo bottles but it was getting out of hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! It'll take me forever to finish all my hair care products - not so much shampoo & conditioner, but the extras like hair oil etc. I try & use matching shampoo & conditioner as well, but my ends need more nourishment than my roots, so often I'll use a different shampoo to my (one and only) conditioner.

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)