Monday, 4 January 2016

The 2015 Annual Happy List


Image credit: http://tinyurl.com/zztawpy

Hi everyone, I'm baaaaaaaaaack!

How was your festive season? Mine was hectic - far more hectic than normal. Between the 19th December right up to New Year's Day, I spent a grand total of 2 nights in my own bed/at home and didn't have time for much else other than unpacking & re-packing stuff. I wasn't intending on being away this long, but a series of events post-Christmas conspired to prevent me from blogging, so that's why I've been quiet. Thankfully I'm now home & feeling ready to get back into the swing of things.

To kick off the New Year, all this week on TNL I'll be reflecting on the year that has been (with the exception of Friday's post). Although 2015 was not all that great for me personally, there were still a few shiny moments....and here they are:

  1. I know I've banged on about this to all & sundry before, but overcoming my own internal bullshit long enough to start The Novice Life was definitely one of my biggest achievements of last year, if not the biggest achievement. It may have taken me nearly 18 months to get to that point, but hey, better late than never!
  2. Crossing something off my bucket list by attending a Spanish language course. I have this life "goal" (for lack of a better term) to be able to speak 3 other languages apart from English - Japanese (which I learnt in high school & barely remember these days), French & Spanish. Whilst I didn't progress further beyond the 8-week beginners course (hey, I wanted my Saturday morning sleep-in's back & by then it was winter), I'm still happy that I did it and was able to gain a tiny grasp of Español.
  3. Being a bit kinder to myself throughout the year. It's something I've been working on for years now and with each year I'm getting a bit better at it. I'd go into all the reasons as to why self-kindness has eluded me in the past, but I'm not ready to get that personal yet.
  4. Getting a couple of long-held health concerns seen to & sorted out. It was a resolution intention of mine for 2015 and I'm glad I did it, if only to relieve myself of worry. As they say, knowledge is power.
  5. Fulfilling more of my New Year resolutions intentions than in previous years. I managed to successfully fulfil roughly 3 or 4 out of about 7 that I had in mind (as well as a bonus intention), whereas in other years I've managed to achieve just 1. I've kept some of them for 2016 as they've served me well & aren't entirely unreasonable nor unachievable.
Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

What made you happy in 2015?

    4 comments:

    1. I also learnt Japanese in high school, I can't remember too much either!
      We had a few nice family trips last year, hopefully we can take some time of this year too.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yay, come & join the club haha!

        I'm hoping to fit in a few more holidays/trips this year too. One's already booked, but I'd like to do more.

        Delete
    2. I love how you call them new year intentions because that's how half of my resolutions end up year after year! I studied Japanese in high school for a year but I still remember a lot of the hiragana! :)

      sayyip.blogspot.com.au

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think that's partly why I started calling them intentions after a while - because I knew I'd never achieve anything if I kept calling them resolutions. I can still remember bits & pieces of hiragana & katakana + some words & small phrases + I can still write my name in Japanese, but that's about it.

        Delete

    Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)