Friday, 8 January 2016

Because I'm happyyyyyy...The Weekly Happy List #2

 via Sunny Skyz
Hi everyone!

This week's Weekly Happy List is a bit of a mash-up post because I'm combining all the things that made me happy over the Christmas/New Year break along with all the happy things from this week.

So what's been my highlights of the last 2-3 weeks you ask?

*Receiving a comment on the blog from one of my favourite bloggers. I know it sounds corny, but I've admired her work for a while now; so when she commented on one of my posts, I was a bit like this:


*Receiving an unexpected belated Christmas present from my Mum's best friend. Before I talk about the product itself, here's a true story: years ago I dressed up as Audrey Hepburn ala Breakfast At Tiffany's for a fancy dress Christmas party. Little did I realise that there would be 6 other "Audrey's" in the room that night, all re-creating that famous moment in fashion. It was hilarious, but thankfully we all looked a bit different to each other. Anyway, my Mum's bestie remembered this (there's a photo of me in Audrey mode up on top of the wall unit my parents own) & decided to buy this candle for me for Christmas....and she's a beauty, with a gorgeous casing and a lovely vanilla musk scent to boot. I almost don't want to burn it, it looks elegant. Unfortunately it's sold out online at Peter Alexander, but if you're lucky, you might score one in store - I have seen a few around.

*Being home at long last. As I mentioned on Monday, the festive season was hectic & I'm just glad to be home now & sleeping in my own bed & getting back into the swing of things...and that includes blogging.

*Managing to bang out 5 posts for the week. I doubt you'll see me do this ever again, but I'm quite proud of the fact that I've been able to get all this content up without stressing myself out too much.

*Re-discovering a couple of songs Mayer Hawthorne's 3rd album Where Does This Door Go, aka my favourite album of 2013. I'd forgotten how good Her Favourite Song & The Stars Are Ours are! (Especially the latter, which I've just added to a previous post. I don't care if it sounds slightly daggy, that song makes me so damn happy whenever I listen to it. Still kicking myself for not searching for the deluxe edition because I really like Kaila as well.)

*FINALLY getting to swatch a few of my un-opened polishes. I noticed last Sunday night that one of my summer Project Polish polishes had thickened to the point of near-solidification. I can't say I'm unhappy to chuck it out because *MAJOR HINT* it's one I didn't like from the get go. No joke, I was cheering big time when I made this discovery...may have even done a bit of a happy dance too lol. You'll see which one it is when I get around to updating you on the project, which I'm hoping to do sometime in the next 2 weeks. Stay tuned folks!

Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

What has made you happy in the last 2-3 weeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)