Friday, 29 January 2016

The Weekly Happy List #4


Hiya everyone!

How was your week? I hope all my Aussie sisters & brothers had a great Australia Day on Tuesday, no matter what you were doing. I didn't do anything special - just stayed at home & worked on future blog posts whilst listening to Triple J's Hottest 100 countdown all the way through. The only problem with that was I kept getting distracted by all my fave tunes that made the countdown! Even though I didn't vote this year, I was happy with what ended up in there; although I did get a shock at who won and the fact that Hotline Bling didn't make it into the top 10.

Speaking of happys, let's see what made me happy this week....

*Getting my post-surgery stitches out on Wednesday & discovering that my skin is already healing quite nicely in the aftermath. I still had to wear a protective dressing whilst out and about in the last 2 days; but I don't care, I'm just happy that that part's over & now I can get into the healing phase.

*PRICELINE 40% OFF SKINCARE SALE SQUEEEEEEEE!!! I'll have a full post about my haul next week, but ima let you know right now that I got excited....real excited...when I found out about it.

*The Sydney Thunder winning the Big Bash (cricket) League for this year. Cricket is about the only sport I can truly say I enjoy sitting down & watching & get ever so slightly fanatical about, which is quite rare for a female. (I do occasionally watch rugby union plus the Olympics.) Whilst I'm not a specific fan of any of the 2 Sydney teams (Sixers & Thunder), I am genuinely happy for the Thunder boys because since the BBL's inception 5 years ago, these guys have been cellar-dwellers i.e. coming last or 2nd last; so to see them win against the Melbourne Stars (who have been much more fancied in seasons past, yet have the "choker" tag written all over them) was nice. Plus what cricket fan out there doesn't like Mike Hussey? The man's still got it.

*Music. It never ceases to make me feel happy, but listening to the aforementioned countdown, dancing around occasionally singing at the top of my lungs (and blasting my neighbours with most of the top 14 tunes in the process bahahaha) just filled my heart & soul with that extra bit of joy. It made me think that perhaps 2015 wasn't such a bad musical year after all since I re-discovered/got into several songs that I was previously on the fence about.

Happy weekend folks!

Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

What's made you happy this week?

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your Skincare Haul from Priceline! I went a bit crazy, lol, but still, I don't regret what I bought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priceline sales always get us excited! Although we don't need anything at the moment, we love to stock up or check out new releases!

    www.apairofones.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)