Monday, 1 February 2016

My Priceline 40% Off Skincare Haul

hauls, Priceline, beauty, skincare

Out of all the 40% off sales that Priceline have throughout the year, the bi-annual skincare sale is my jam. I'm not kidding when I say that I live for this particular sale, which currently occurs in January & July. I'm that nerd who spends weeks cultivating a wishlist (plus a plan of attack) & awaits any announcements about it with a mix of giddy anticipation & frustrated impatience. Don't ask me why, it is what it is.

For those of you from overseas who haven't the foggiest about Priceline, let's just say it's the Aussie drugstore equivalent of Boots/Superdrug (UK), Shoppers Drug Mart (hello Canada!) & Walgreens (US). They sell drugstore makeup, nail polish (it's where we Aussies get our Essie fix for the most part), skincare, hair care, perfumes and a whole bunch of other stuff...you get the drill!

So....I bet you're curious as to what I picked up during the sale last Wednesday & Thursday aren't ya?

Priceline, sales, skincare

Argania Oh So Soft Hand Cream x3
I'm currently using this Kiwi hand cream in lieu of my usual (see below) & I don't mind it. It moisturises well and the scent is ok, but it does leave behind an oily residue that can take a while to settle in. One bonus this has over Botani is that its cheaper - normally this hand cream retails for $9.99AUD, I got my 3 tubes during the sale for $5.99AUD each ($17.97AUD). Botani normally charge $24.99AUD for 1 tube, so as you can tell my wallet's pretty happy about that...

Speaking of Botani....

Botani Olive Hand Cream x4
You guys see this brand of hand cream in my empties posts a lot, so you know I love it. Gonna point out something though: I went through quite the ordeal just to get these and at one point thought (in the words of the late Amy Winehouse) "what kind of fuckery is this?" when I couldn't find them. I'm not kidding when I say I went to 9 different stores over 2 days just to get these 4 - thank Christ Priceline have heaps of stores in Sydney's CBD because I just about know where they all are lol (thankfully I didn't have to make another trip into the city on the Thursday, I found the last 2 somewhere closer to home). I had this funny feeling that either Botani were going to discontinue this or Priceline were about to stop stocking the brand because I managed to score these tubes for $9AUD each, down from $15 (which, if you read the last paragraph, isn't the normal RRP for the product). Thankfully, my fears were abated after an enquiry with the company direct....phew!


Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Creme
I finished up my previous tube right before the sale, so naturally I had to pick up another one. Just love this stuff.

skincare, Priceline, sunscreen, lip balm, cleanser


Cetaphil Suntivity sunscreens
The Liposomal SPF30+ Spray is a staple of mine + I was curious to try out something from the SPF50+ range as well. I need all the SPF I can get!

Ego Sunsense SPF50+ Lip Balm
This actually wasn't included in the sale, but it's only $3 anyway. I hardly think they could give me a 40% discount on that.


Lanolips 101 Ointment (original) x2
I actually don't need this right now, but given that Priceline normally charges $17.99AUD for 1 tube & I got 2 for just over that (around $21AUD), is it little wonder I stocked up?
 

Trilogy Very Gentle Moisturiser
I might not be a big fan of the Very Gentle Cleansing Cream, but the moisturiser from this range has become a staple of mine in recent years and another product I ran out of just before the sale. I just noticed whilst taking the photo that this has a best before date of April this year, which I'm quite miffed about. Nevertheless, I'll use it up within the (normal) 6 month time frame anyway.


WOTNOT Facial Wipes (Normal/Sensitive) x2 (2nd pack not pictured)
Bought one pack for myself & another for my rather naughty Mum, who (provided she's wearing it) simply cba removing her mascara when she flops into bed after a night out & wakes up in the morning with mascara flakes around her eyes. She taught me many moons ago about having a skincare routine, now it's my turn to teach her a good habit. :o)

I guess you could say my haul is a bit boring since I didn't pick up anything new & shiny, aside from one sunscreen + the SPF lip balm. I was tempted to get a small bottle of Swisse's micellar water as well, but I was like "no Shell stick to the list" lol.

All up, my purchases came to $151.09 AUD, which is a saving of God only knows what - I'd estimate around $50 or more?? Anyway, now this means there's more money to spend on other things!

Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

Did you purchase anything during the sale?

Pssst....I've popped this post into Ingrid's Monday Makeup Madness Link Up Party. You should go on over & check out everybody else's posts.


16 comments:

  1. I only brought a La Roche-Posay Sunscreen, I went to a priceline near my house, which was so small and didn't have any stock, then most of the things I wanted where sold out online, oh well, I didn't NEED much!
    I'm keen to know what you think of the sunsense Lip Balm, I need a new one with SPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purposely hit the city because I know my closest Pricelines are only kinda small (well, one of them is). I'll let you know how I go with that SPF lip balm - I've seen a few good reviews around, so I'm hoping it'll be good for me!

      Delete
  2. Wow you are really into your hand creams! Impressive haul. The Botani Olive Hand Cream must be good if you went through that ordeal to stock up! lol

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's kinda embarrassing how dedicated I am to the state of my hands! Then again my Mum's always commenting on how soft they are, so clearly hand cream does something good for them. :o)

      RE: The Botani hand cream - it IS good. Just wish I could find it more easily & that they made it in a larger size.

      Delete
  3. I hope the hand cream has a longer best before date! After I finish my current two hand creams I'm tempted to buy the Botani Olice hand cream next after reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure neither of them have an expiry date as such, although it does say to use them within 12 months. I definitely will use them up before the end of the year - I'll be lucky to have any left by the next 40% off skincare sale haha!

      Delete
  4. Great haul! I'm also one that grabs a lot of sun care products at these sales! I've recently also picked up the Botani hand cream and I'm loving it :)

    sayyip.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's a pretty good haul Shell, and lots of products I've never tried - I do so love reading what other gals love ♥ I was super restrained, but on the other hand, a lot of the things I wanted had already sold out - boo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all love reading other people's loves - I've discovered some good products & additions to my wishlist that way. Pity all the stuff you wanted had sold out! I hate it when that happens.

      Delete
  6. I think this is a fantastic haul! nothing like scoring deals on stuff you would have bought anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you picked up some awesome products! I missed out this time round, but I really wanted to try some lanolips!


    Lily not Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you get to try out some Lanolips products next time!

      Delete
  8. Grat haul Shell!! Those hand creams must be good!

    xo
    Ina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ina! Yeah they are good. I've only just discovered the Argania one & it's good, but not as good as the Botani one.

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)