Thursday, 18 February 2016

NOTD: Airy Fairy + Change To Post Schedule

Hiya everyone!

I don't normally post on Thursdays, but I'm sneaking in to show you both my latest mani & to let you know about a minor change in my posting schedule.

First, the latter. I've decided instead of posting 3 times a week as mentioned here, I'm cutting down to 2 days a week - Monday and Friday. I figure that this will relieve some of the bullshit pressure I've been putting on myself to provide decent content for you all, otherwise I fear I may run out of posts. There may be some spur-of-the-moment type posts like this in between, but I can't guarantee if and when they'll happen. Just keep your eyes peeled.

Now that I've got that out of the way, let's get onto this NOTD!

Here's what I used:

NOTD, Butter London, nail polish
Essie - All-In-One base coat
Butter London - Airy Fairy
Essie - Good to Go top coat (my shimmer/metallic bottle)
Orly - Flash Dry Drops

Everything above is part of my summer edition of Project Polish. If you're new to the blog & haven't got a clue what I'm on about, you can read the intro here and the update on my progress here. I don't think I've mentioned the Flash Dry Drops yet, but all I'll say is that they're good. I learnt this trick from Maria about using drying drops even when you're using a fast-drying top coat (purely for extra insurance) & I'm happy to say that I've never had a problem when I've used this method.


You know how you have that one polish in your stash that you absolutely admire & don't want to use because it's almost too pretty to use? That's what Airy Fairy is to me....that and the fact that this was a limited edition shade & no longer available means that I'm going to be all *insert sad face* once I finish this. It's an absolutely stunning blue foil metallic with purple flashes. You won't get much (if any) of that from my photos, but trust me, those flashes are there...inside the bottle at least. I also noticed the first time I wore it that it can shift to a turquoise hue in certain light, which excited me because of course you all know how much I ♥ my aquatic shades!

So enough babbling, let me show you what it looks like on the nails:

NOTD, nail polish
Left hand, indoor light

NOTD, nail polish
Left hand, outdoor light
Isn't she just gorgeous? What you see here is 2 coats + top coat. Out of all the BL polishes I own, Airy Fairy has got to be the easiest/one of the easiest to work with. The brush on this one is better than the other BL ones I've used and the formula isn't too bad, provided you load up your brush before application. Some of my nails had thicker 2nd coats to hide any VNL (visible nail line).

I know a number of you have been admiring this shade in my Project Polish posts, so I figured that with the summer edition drawing to a close, I may as well use Airy Fairy at least once + I was in the mood to use it too.

Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

Do you own & love any limited edition polishes?




2 comments:

  1. Oh my, that nail polish shade is divine! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can't stop staring at it!

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)