Monday, 29 February 2016

Project Polish Autumn 2016 Edition

project polish, nail polish

You can catch up on the summer 2015/16 edition here, here and here.

New season, new colours! None of which signal autumn in any kind of way (except for maybe 1 or 2); but considering Sydney doesn't begin to get cold until, say, late April/early May, I feel that these colours will serve me well until then. Besides, it is spring in the northern hemisphere, so maybe I should pretend I don't live "upside down" haha.

As of now I'm adding a couple more "rules" to the project, just to contrast with the others:

1. I'm not going to waste time on polishes that I'm disinterested in using. If I don't think I'll use it, I'll swap it out for something else.
2. I've decided my stupid no-opening-new-polishes-until-old-ones-are-finished rule is...well...stupid & unreasonable & I'm not doing it anymore because I just can't. Too bad if I don't fufill that intention for the year! Death to silly rules & restrictions!

I'm also not including swatches in this post because I had a hard time photographing/editing them (why oh why do cameras have such issues with purple & blue??!) and I've neither got the time nor the skills to rectify it. Besides, the photo above depicts things more accurately.

Now enough waffle....here's what I'm working on from tomorrow until the end of May:

Essie - Spin The Bottle
You saw this in my summer Project Polish update, so I won't talk about it any further; other than to say that I'm carrying it over into autumn (or fall for all you North Americans reading this bloggy blog) in the hope that I'll get more use out of it. 

OPI - A Definite Moust-Have
A Definite Moust-Have came from the Minnie Mouse collection of 2014 and is a pinkish coral shade with a slight pearlescent shimmer that's only detectable when held up to the light. I've only worn it once so I'm hoping that I'll use up a bit more product now that I'm including it in this particular edition.


Ciaté - Knickerbocker Glory
This shade was the whole reason why I bought Ciaté's Beach House minis collection last year. (Because who doesn't love a fuchsia pink?) Sadly for me once I finish it I can't re-purchase since it has been discontinued & Australia never sold it outside of this pack anyway.

Butter London - Blowing Raspberries
This is probably the only shade that says "autumn", but I don't really care. It's a nice raspberry créme, haven't got anything else to say about it.


OPI - You're Such A Buda-Pest
You're Such A Buda-Pest + several others from the Euro Centrale spring 2013 collection (some of which are in this Project Polish) were my entry into the world of OPI. IMO that was one of the best collections that OPI have had in recent years....not just because I bought like 5 shades from it lol. Anyway, this is a cool lavender with micro-shimmer & a formula that is on the watery side - perhaps too watery for my liking.


OPI - Do You Have This Color In Stock-Holm?
From 2014's autumn/fall Nordic collection and another US trip purchase. I could've got this in Australia tbh, buuuuut I didn't. Do You Have... is a deep violet that looks almost black against my rather fair skin. I'll probably start working on this one more once the weather cools.


OPI - OPI....Eurso Euro
Another shade from the aforementioned Euro Centrale collection. OPI...Eurso Euro is an ultramarine blue that reminds me of the Derwent pencil of the same name. I think I prefer this sort of deeper blue over navy tbh - it seems less harsh against my skin.


OPI - Can't Find My Czechbook
Regular readers would've seen this in the summer edition, so I won't go into any more detail. I'm carrying this over into autumn purely because I felt this edition needed balance, otherwise I would've had too many pinks & deeper colours + I know I would've been bored + I'm bloody determined to keep working on this bottle! Besides, I think it'll pair well with some of the other shades in this edition, like the next one I'm about to mention...

Kit - Move Up
A gorgeous champagne metallic with a hint of rose gold. I know a number of people will look at it and (perhaps) think "rose gold", but I can't really detect it. Either way, methinks this is as close to my idea of a perfect rose gold metallic. Orly's Rage comes close, but I can't stand the glittery-ness of it.


Ciaté - Party Shoes
Another carry-over from the summer edition. I'm still at a loss as to how to incorporate this into any of my manis (aside from doing accent nails), but for some reason I feel like my Project Polish editions would be incomplete without a glitter shade. 

I really want to do better with this edition as opposed to the summer edition, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

Almost forgot....this post is a part of Ingrid's Monday Makeup Madness Party and who doesn't love a party?

Have you ever done a Project Polish & found yourself struggling to stay motivated? 

 


10 comments:

  1. Absolutely no way I could focus on using up polishes ... I have so many and so many arbitrary rules about when I wear them (eg dark colours only on short nails, always trying to match with my outfit etc etc) that it would get too hard.

    Instead, I've just banned myself from buying more (for a while!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't bother matching my nails to my outfits (unless it's a more formal occasion) or with my toenails or stuff like that...anything goes really!

      Delete
  2. I love your "death to silly rules and restrictions" statement. I am guilty of making self imposed silly rules for myself too which I then think I can't break! No more!

    I love the look of the Knickerboker Glory shade. And what a great name for it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, glad you liked it Ingrid. Knickerbocker Glory is a nice shade, from what I can gather of it so far.

      Delete
  3. I usually add glittery bits to the tips of my nails. I found some formula x nail polishes in sephora that I think you'll love (not that you need any more at the moment lol!)

    Lily not Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you FINALLY visited Sephora huh? What did you think of it?

      Delete
  4. I only paint my toes Shell, and I don't have a big range of colours - fancy some of these though, especially that Butter London Blowing Raspberries one xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice colour...then again I think I say that about ALL my polishes haha. Doing this project has reminded me of some long forgotten shades in my stash.

      Delete
  5. After seeing the Butter London I definitely need more raspberry-hued polish in my collection. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I keep thinking I need more raspberry hues in my collection too.

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)