Friday, 26 February 2016

Project Polish Summer 2015/16 Edition - The End.

Summer's nearly over...*insert sad face* I'm gonna miss it. I hate how clothing stores already have their autumn/winter items in stock, meanwhile Sydney is still melting in 30°C+ temperatures and high humidity. I can't think about rugging up when all I want to do is cool down!

*cough* But I digress...

Truth be told, I haven't progressed that much since my last update. I kinda lost my motivation once I cracked open my bottle of Essie's Saltwater Happy & left it on my nails for a whole week so I could review it for the blog.

Anyway, here's the polishes that have had no progress since my update about 5 weeks ago:

project polish, nail polish

I'm ok with this as 2 of these polishes are going into my autumn edition, which you'll read all about in Monday's post.

And here's the rest, which have all had minimal progress:

project polish, nail polish

I'm happy that I used a little bit of my bottle of Airy Fairy (top left) instead of just staring longingly at it & not wanting to decrease the contents because LOOK AT ALL THAT PRETTYNESS.

I've decided Kerfuffle (2nd from top left) is going into my giveaway pile as I only used it once during this edition & I'd barely used it beforehand. The polish next to it (Essie's Mojito Madness) might join it as I feel that this green is too warm for my skin and I'm not sure when I'll use it next. I'd rather have stuff go to somebody who'll use it more than I will.

As mentioned, Saltwater Happy (2nd from top right) was new so duh, of course there's been progress. I'm happy with the couple of uses I got out of it and can't wait until I finish Project Polish completely so I can use it again. Seriously, one of the best Essie polishes everrrrrrrr.

The rest....eh...I know I love Kit's Dive In (top right); Ciaté's Pepperminty (bottom left) is good but is a touch thin in formula & needs 3 coats to achieve opacity, but I can deal with that because I dig this particular minty hue; Essie's Spin The Bottle (middle of bottom row) is ok but I'm still unsure about this nude - I think it's too beige for my skin tone, but it's a decent enough base for nail art (needs 3 coats to achieve opacity since it is semi-sheer) and Butter London's Trout Pout (bottom right) I spoke about in a previous NOTD post, so I won't bang on about it here.

I would show you how much progress I've made on my base & top coats, but I know I'm going to finish most of them anyway so it's not worth showing IMO and besides, it's not like I had a lot of them to begin with. I will say however that I have made some progress (finally!) on my bottle of Butter London's Nail Foundation. I'll keep using it on my toes because it hasn't gone "off" yet, even though it is past its 30 month use-by date.

How am I feeling about this Project Polish idea of mine right now? Not that great. I've realised just how hard it is to finish a bottle of polish and I'm also annoyed at myself for finishing 1 lousy polish throughout this season (technically 2, but I threw one of them out). However, I'm proud that I've made decent dents in some of my other bottles, namely Essie's Good As Gold (2nd from left in the first photo) & OPI's Can't Find My Czechbook; although I've been working on the latter since I began this whole quarterly Project Polish thing last September.

Despite any weariness that's setting in, I'm going to plough on through regardless. I said that I would do this until the end of August (i.e. end of winter in Australia) and I'm determined to stick to it, but I guess I need to give myself some encouragement along the way...and a few Lleyton Hewitt-style "COME ON!"(s)....

Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

I've added this post to Ingrid's Monday Makeup Madness Party - go on over & check it out!







12 comments:

  1. Good on you for sticking at it. I keep considering a polish pan, but it just seems so daunting. I might do a bit of a delcutter instead xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A de-clutter sounds like a better idea, especially if there's stuff that's dried up or no longer useable.

      Delete
  2. I love this idea, I've never tried anything like it! I guess that's why I have so many bottles of barely used or half used nail polish laying around. Would love to see how things go in another check in!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angelina! I'm going to tell you now that unless you're really committed (and I mean REALLY committed) to the idea, don't do it!

      Delete
  3. Argh I don't think my first comment went through :(

    Good effort nonetheless :) it takes me forever to make a dent in my polish stash, mainly due to my dislike for nail polish remover!

    lilynotlouise.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lily! I too have a dislike of nail polish remover, but I've found OPI's Expert Nail Polish Remover to be not so stinky (it has an orange scent, but I wouldn't put your nose too close to the bottle!) + I also use Manicare's Nail Polish Remover Wipes, which are scented. Both of those could be a solution for you. :o)

      Delete
  4. I love the idea of a polish pan project with so many bottles not to finish them up necessarily but to encourage me to vary between this many colours. Sometimes I tend to get stuck on using my favourite one or two shades over and over again.

    I love your Essie Good As Gold polish. It looks like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's partly why I'm doing this, aside from wanting to get rid of stuff - to encourage me to use shades that I overlook.

      That Essie polish is great! Perfect shade of gold for my fair skin. Pity it's not sold in Australia anymore (it was at one stage, when Essie re-launched here).

      Delete
  5. Aww Shell, I'm gonna miss Summer too! - it's my favourite season (I'm a barefoot fan)and I'm already sad, although it's still nice and toasty in Sydney town, and hopefully will be for a few weeks yet. Such pretty polish colours - keep going my dear, you're doing really well ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for another summer lover! You're right, it is still warm here so I'm not TOO sad. Thank you for your encouragement too, I appreciate it! :o)

      Delete
  6. Great idea doll! You can do it! You're doing so well.

    www.beyoutyfulyou.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)