Monday, 28 March 2016

Empties Time! (February/March)

empty beauty products

Hi everyone!

How did Easter treat you? I hope you didn't gorge on chocolate too much.

I didn't do one of these posts for February since I only had 3 things in my empties box, but now that it's a bit more full, I think it's time I showed you all what I finished over the last 2 months right?

Let's get into it:

empty beauty products

Argania Oh So Soft Hand & Nail Cream x3
As regular readers would know, I go through hand cream at the speed of knots, so it's no surprise that I used up 3 tubes of this stuff over 2 months. (Although technically one of them was almost finished in January, but let's not split hairs!) This is alright, but I don't quite feel it's moisturising enough, especially now that the weather has begun to cool down. It also doesn't compare with my beloved Botani hand cream, even though it's over half the price. That said, if I were at a pinch I'd buy it again, but not until the warmer months/the next Priceline skincare sale in July. Repurchase? Maybe.

Sensodyne Repair & Protect + Whitening
I'd say I've talked about this toothpaste before too, complaining that it tastes like Butter Menthols. I've been switching back & forth between Sensodyne & Colgate ever since discovering I have sensitive teeth & after much trial & error have come to realise that this particular toothpaste is the best of the bunch. It still tastes a bit like Butter Menthols, but the taste isn't as harsh as it was the first time I used it. I'm keen to try the new True White toothpaste though. Repurchase? Already have.

OPI Expert Touch Nail Polish Remover (120mL)
Er, is this the best nail polish remover ever or what? OPI don't call it "expert touch" for nothing methinks. This really does effectively remove my polish without me having to swipe my nails so damn much + it doesn't have that traditional horrid polish remover smell. It smells like sweet oranges...although don't do what I did & put your nose too close to it when it's open, you'll get a rude shock haha. This stuff isn't cheap in the slightest & certainly not economical if you go through it quickly, but if you know of a beauty supply store that sells it (which I do), then you'll save some money. Heck, this might even replace my beloved nail polish remover wipes, it's that good! Repurchase? Already have - I bought the 480mL size, which ought to last me a while.

empty beauty products

The Jojoba Company 100% Australian Jojoba Oil (85mL)
You saw this in my desert island products post, so you know I love it. Repurchase? Already have & always will. Next time though I am going to get a larger bottle.

Manicare x We Are Handsome nail polish remover pads in Melon Sorbet
I've probably mentioned these before, but in case I haven't, then these were a limited edition collaboration that Manicare did with We Are Handsome, an Australian designer swimwear brand well known for striking prints. Anyway, I love the smell of these wipes, they smell like rockmelon/cantaloupe (they did another one that smells like pineapple, which I also like/d) & my only wish is that Manicare would make them permanent. Alas, they have disappeared from the shelves now. Repurchase? I have 1 more each of the melon & pineapple, after that that's it sadly.

Lanolips 101 Ointment (Original)
You may have seen this in another empties post + you saw me buy a couple at the last Priceline skincare sale, so you know I love it. Repurchase? Already have and always will.

Cetaphil Suntivity SPF50+ Ultra Light Lotion (2 samples)
At my last visit to the dermatologist they had some sunscreen samples in a basket, so I took a couple of the Cetaphil ones to try out since I use their other sunscreens. Must say I like this one - more so than the 50+ Liposomal Lotion I bought during the last 40% off skincare sale in Priceline. My only complaints are it has a stronger chemical smell compared with the other Cetaphil sunscreens I've tried (it doesn't smell like it on the skin thankfully) + it feels somewhat greasy to the touch; but unlike the Liposomal Lotion, it doesn't feel greasy and tacky, so I can put up with it. Repurchase? I just might.

Essie Good To Go (not finished)
I've mentioned this in my empties before, so I won't go into too much detail. I used this one for my shimmer/metallic polishes since the bottle got contaminated with shimmer particles, but now its thickened up so off to the bin it goes. Repurchase? Probably, but not for a while. Hopefully my current bottle won't suffer the same fate!

Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

How full was your empties box/bag/receptacle in the last 2 months?

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried Lanolips before, but have heard such amazing things about it! I think I need to buy one and see what all the fuss is about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! Even the tinted ones look alright, plus they offer a small amount of sun protection.

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)