Friday, 18 March 2016

My 6 Desert Island Beauty Essentials

beauty products for a desert island

I'm sure the question of "what items would I want to have with me if I were stranded on a desert island" has come into the minds of every beauty blogger/lover at one stage or another. Me personally, I could do without makeup and nail polish (shock horror at the latter, I know!); but these 6 items below I know I couldn't live without.

Deodorant
I know this isn't technically a beauty product, but presuming that this island hasn't got soap or anything in the way of basic hygiene, I know I wouldn't want to be there with smelly armpits, even if I was the only person on that island. There are limits you know!

Sunscreen
There's no way in hell I'd forgo this, especially after what I've been through recently. I'd probably want a lifetime's supply of this just in case I'm permanently stuck on this imaginary island.

A razor
I initially had hand cream down on this list, but then I remembered that I'd (probably) grow sick & tired of feeling like Chewbacca, so I swapped it out for this. Besides, I could get so bored on this island I may end up doing a Shane Warne ala I'm A Celebrity & start shaving parts of me just to have something to do.

Lip balm
Just like sunscreen, I'd probably need a lifetime's supply of this stuff + there's no way in hell I'd want to have chapped & windburnt lips whilst being stranded. I've run out of lip balm part way through a long-haul flight before & lemme tell you, it was the pits. In fact, as soon as I got to my hotel in Singapore & dumped my bag in the room, I went straight to the shops in search of sweet pout-y relief! (Despite the jet lag/lack of sleep.) Have lip balm, will travel is (now) my biggest beauty motto for a reason and Lanolips' 101 Ointment is my lip balm of choice. I'd happily forgo my HG product if it meant that I couldn't bring this tube of multi-purpose goodness along....speaking of which....
 
Jojoba oil
Everyone should have at least 1 multi-tasking product in their lives & for me, I know I'd want this if I were stuck without the rest of my beauty arsenal. I use The Jojoba Company's 100% Australian Jojoba Oil as my face oil of choice, but at a pinch I've used it as a body oil, rubbed it into my nails as a cuticle oil & put it through the ends of my hair like one would a hair oil, so I know this could perform several duties.

A comb 
Otherwise my fine-but-lots-of-it hair would be like a bird's nest - full of knots & tangles. To quote that famous meme: ain't nobody got time for that!

Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

What beauty items would you want if you were stranded on a desert island?

Just while we're here...I've included this post in Ingrid's Monday Makeup Madness Party. Why don't you join in on the fun?

6 comments:

  1. A razor is a good one!
    People often miss that on their lists!
    They are good choices, I'd like a revitalising face mist too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A facial mist would be good too. Maybe I should've made this a 10 items list rather than 6 haha!

      Delete
  2. My items would be fairly similar but for the lip balm I would chose a tinted one, so my lips had a bit of colour as well as moisture & protection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think about that as I've only ever tested the tinted Lanolips, but never bought one.

      Delete
  3. Love your list Shell - couldn't possibly cope without a toothbrush! Even without toothpaste, it would help keep the furries at bay. Oh and a hat - even if I had shampoo it would be best to just cover up, wouldn't want to frighten my rescuers lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, all of those would be very handy items to have - I really should've extended this list!

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)