Friday, 25 March 2016

My First Liebster Award


via 2ontherun
So the gorgeous Felicia of The Beauty and the Geek AU has just nominated me for a Liebster Award & I feel a bit like a pageant queen.

via WiffleGif


Receiving a little recognition from a fellow blogger is ace, so thank you very much Fel! (If you want to read her Liebster Award post + see who else she nominated, click here.)

For those of you who are scratching your heads wondering "what is a Liebster Award?", well, from what I can gather it's an award created by bloggers for other bloggers. Essentially it's a way of recognition for newer bloggers & a way for others to discover those blogs....which is always a good idea right? I've seen various bloggers I follow receive this award in the past & I personally think it's a bit of fun, although some have pointed out the cons of it (i.e. it's a chain letter disguised as a potential post).

Anyway, here's the rules (I nicked this from Felicia's blog, I can't take credit for it):

1. Thank the blogger who presented the Liebster Award to you on your blog and link back to their blog.
2. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter.
3. Write 11 facts about yourself for your readers.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award. Let them know you have nominated them.
5. Ask your nominees 11 questions that you’ve come up with.

I have seen variations on these rules before, especially regarding the amount of bloggers to choose + their followers; but I'm going to try my best to stick to these particular rules above.

Now here's my answers to her questions:

 

1. How would you describe your wardrobe?
Colourful, classic & feminine with a dash of badass (does my leather biker jacket count?).

2. You can only have one of the following things, which would you choose? Trust or love?
Ooh, this is a toughie...without trust you can't love and without love you can't trust. I'm gonna choose both, because I feel like breaking the rules.

3. What is your greatest achievement?
Probably walking 27km in one day for charity. I did this not once, not twice, but 3 times. The old adage of "what the mind can conceive, the body can achieve" is so true!

4. Are you a Winter or Summer person?
Summer definitely! I hate the cold.

5. What scares you the most and why?
Being a victim of crime - I think the reasons are obvious!

6. Tell me about someone you really admire
I was going to save this for a future post (and I might just do it anyway), but there's an Aussie lass by the name of Turia Pitt who was badly burnt whilst participating in an ultra-marathon many years ago & her determination & courage to fight back against the odds & be able to do the things she once loved doing (like participating in these sorts of events) is nothing short of remarkable. Go & Google her, her story is an inspiring one.

7. What was the last book you read?
I think it was a Jodi Picoult book (no, not My Sister's Keeper, I've read that), but I can't remember the name of it.

8. Do you believe in the paranormal?
To a certain extent. I sort of believe in spirits & I know not to fuck with ouija boards & stuff like that. I also can't bring myself to ever go to a psychic because I know I'd freak out.

9. Are you a sweet tooth or savoury tooth?
Definitely a sweet tooth!

10. If you were to go to the movies alone, what would be your perfect movie to watch?
Who am I kidding, I almost always go to the movies alone....I'd probably go & see a chick flick of some sort.
11. If you could trade lives with someone for a day, who would it be?
I don't know tbh...maybe someone who was rich, just so I could see whether money would buy happiness. (I doubt it, but it'd be an interesting theory to test & debunk.)   

11 facts about me:


1. When I was little, I won a toddler beauty photo contest without being dressed up to the nines. #naturalbeauty
2. I had braces from the ages of 16-18.
3. I once starred in a music video....sort of. You'll see me side on at 0:51...I'm the girl with the brunette bob, in front of the person with the beanie. Didn't realise until now just how boyish I looked with that haircut! (My hair's longer now.)
4. I'm a spelling Nazi who detests people misspelling her name...hence why I go by my nickname more often than not.
5. I lost 3 grandparents to cancer & hope that there'll be a cure for it one day. (Side note: the 27km walks I did were for a cancer charity.)
6. I enjoy baking & cooking & have 2 ring binder folders full of recipes I've found online or in magazines.
7. I went through a stage where I would read the Saturday papers with a dictionary in front of me, just so I could look up words I didn't know & add them to my vocabulary. My favourite word of the lot was probably "sanguine" (another word for happy or optimistic).
8. I took salsa dance lessons for almost 6 years, but I wouldn't say I was/am an expert at it.
9. My biggest claim to fame is I went to the same primary school as Aussie Olympic swimming champion Ian Thorpe - he was 2 years above me. And yes, he was very good at swimming, even back then.
10. I've got tiny earlobes....
11. ...and a button nose.

 

I'm only choosing 6 bloggers to answer my questions, because I can't think of anybody else & don't want to double up:

Max The Unicorn
Almost Posh
Health & Beauty Girl
Space of Beauty
Chictales
Diary of a Beauty Padawan

1. At what age did you become interested in beauty products?
2. Have you ever gambled everything for love? (To quote Ben Lee.)
3. Name 3 songs you never wish to hear again.
4. What's your guilty pleasure TV show?
5. What was the best year of your life and why?
6. What are you more frightened of - a zombie apocalypse or robots taking over the world?
7. What's your go-to makeup look?
8. As a teenager, were you a rebel or a goody-two-shoes?
9. Name 5 people (dead or alive) you would want to invite to a dinner party & why?
10. Have you ever had a dream that came true?
11.What's your favourite social media platform to use & why?

Before I go....hope everyone has a nice Easter. :o) I'll still have a post up on Monday, despite the long weekend.

Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

6 comments:

  1. OMG I was just reading all your answers then saw that you nominated me! Thanks Shell! I will try to get around to it if I can. I make recipe folders too (but hardly ever cook from them, lol) and love going to the movies alone as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Di! I like your blog, so it made sense to nominate you. :o)

      I've barely scratched the surface of all my recipe folders - I keep accumulating them, but most of the recipes have never been tried & tested by me. One day I'll get around to them all.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the nomination, Shell! I did a Leibster post last year but I like your questions, I will answer them at some point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Beth, I also like your blog (obviously, der). Didn't realise you'd already done one already!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for the nomination. Looks like fun! I would like to partake but I'm not sure who to nominate or that I can come up with so many original questions..:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those parts were the hardest I admit! I don't mind if you can't do either of those, it's all just a bit of fun. There shouldn't be any pressure involved.

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)