Monday, 18 April 2016

Project Polish Autumn 2016 Edition - Update

Can't remember what shades I've included in the autumn edition? Refresh your memory here.

We're at the halfway mark of this autumn edition of my Project Polish series & things aren't looking too shabby in my book. Whilst I haven't finished any polishes yet, I am happy to say that I've made a small, but significant, amount of progress.


I'll start off with the shades I haven't used yet:

project polish, nail polish
I wanted to do at least 1 mani with Blowing Raspberries & Move Up together before doing this update, but my inherent laziness took over & I neither had the time nor the motivation. The same goes for Do You Have This Color In Stock-Holm?, but I am (fingers crossed) going to pop that one on in the next couple of days.

And here's the rest of them, which have all been used at least once, maybe twice:

project polish, nail polish

Knickerbockerglory is a bit of a stain-worthy polish, but not so bad that I couldn't scrub the remains off after removal. I've already decided to throw it into the winter edition of the project if I don't finish it up beforehand.

I've also made a little progress on You're Such a Buda-Pest and have realised what a nice polish it is for fair skin! Maybe I ought to do a post on what I think are appropriate nail shades for fair skin - what do you think? As much as I hate thin formulas (and this one sure is thin), I can deal with it because I really like this shade. Note to self: wear this one a lot more than you have in the past.

Very happy to have found another use for Party Shoes. I used it as a glitter topper over Can't Find My Czechbook for one of my manis & was pleased with the results. It works better that way IMO and I'd definitely pair it with an aqua polish again as it reminded me of a mermaid's tail, all shimmery & shiny & stuff. I'm wondering why I didn't think of it earlier...

project polish, nail polish

Speaking of Can't Find My Czechbook, we're now getting ever closer to the bottom! And I haven't got sick of wearing it yet! Huzzah! I recently paired it with OPI...Eurso Euro for a "half-moon" mani & I was happy with the contrast between the 2 shades. I wasn't so happy with my work doing the half-moons though...my left hand didn't look too bad in parts, but my right hand was a squiggly mess + a bit of OPI...Eurso Euro ended up smearing down my sidewalls towards my cuticles. I blame that on using tip guides for that hand instead of paper re-inforcement stickers, which I used on my left hand + I didn't wait long enough for my darker colour to dry. Still, it looked better than the first time I attempted to do that kind of nail art.

As you may have noticed, I've done a swapsie on a couple of shades. I wore A Definite Moust-Have once & concluded that I didn't like it anymore and didn't think it looked great on my skin, so I swapped it (and Essie's Spin The Bottle for the same reason) for Zoya's Carmen, which I received from one of my readers a couple of months back & was going to put into the winter edition anyway. I've worn it once, but I'm undecided on it. This shade of red is perfectly neutral and looked ok on me, but the thin formula pisses me off (I did 3 coats & could still see my nail outline underneath) & I started getting tip wear within 24 hours. I have read somewhere that Zoya polishes work best with their Color Lock system, so maybe I need to purchase their base & top coats when I'm in the US later this year??

All up, I'm pretty happy with how I'm going with it. The less pressure I put on myself, the better.

This post has been added to Ingrid's Monday Makeup Madness linky link-up. Head on over & check out all the other fabulous blogs involved!

Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

8 comments:

  1. I love the KIT rose gold shade you are yet to use! That would have been one of the first I'd be using due to my current rose gold obsession!

    How exciting that you're planning a trip to the US later this year! All those cosmetics you'll be able to buy at reduced prices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just popped it on my toes today, such a gorgeous shade. I really ought to use my metallic shades a lot more, but I'm worried I'll use them up & not be able to find them anymore!

      Yes, I'm planning on bringing back a lot of stuff...budget permitting of course. A girl's gotta eat & sightsee too. ;o)

      Delete
  2. Yes, please do a post on recommended nail polish shades for fair skin for us ghosts! I'd love that :)

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Consider it a future post idea Di!

      Delete
  3. Wow, I've never heard of a project polish before! Love it though! My nail polish collection is nearing 100, so perhaps I should try it haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My advice would be unless you're dedicated to the cause, DON'T DO IT! It can get rather tough & tedious.

      Delete
  4. Love the way you write Shell - I'm not into nail polish, but I do love reading your ever so entertaining posts hon as your dilemmas are real and the same as mine, just the ingredients are different lol ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoy my "entertaining posts" Kats, that means a lot. :o)

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)