Friday, 27 May 2016

Empties Time! (April/May)

empty beauty products

I did consider doing an empties post for April as my box was getting pretty full, but I got lazy & ran out of time before my holiday, hence the rollover.

Let's see what I finished in April/May:

empty beauty products

Moogoo Milk Shampoo
Both my Dad & I have used this as a shampoo in the past and both of us have since stopped using it. From my own memories, it was ok, but didn't really foam up that much & I don't think it did much for my hair anyway. I just used up what was left in the bottle to wash my makeup brushes & it did a good enough job; but then again, there's a zillion & one other products out there that could do the same thing for my brushes, all in a much smaller size than this bottle. Repurchase? Nup.

Eco by Sonya Coconut Body Milk Nourishing Moisturiser
I know I've mentioned this in a previous Shopping Cart post, so I won't say anything else other than I love it, it makes my skin feel soft and this is more economical for me than my beloved LAVANILA body butters. Repurchase? Already have & will definitely continue to do so.

Space Candles Citron Pink Grapefruit & Cassis candle
I know this isn't really empty, but when I last burnt it, the wick had begun to fall over into the wax, so naturally I tried to prop it up again & ended up taking out what was left of the wick, thus rendering the candle useless. Methinks the wick was far too short for the candle to begin with. Anyway, the scent is nice & the scent throw isn't too bad (albeit not as strong as I'd like); I just can't help but feel a bit meh about it for some reason. Repurchase? Maybe, maybe not.

Cetaphil Suntivity Liposomal Lotion SPF50+
Purchased this during Priceline's 40% off skincare sale back in January, hoping I'd like it as much as the SPF30+ Liposomal Spray I'd been using. Sad to say I don't. This has a sticky, tacky feel to the skin which, if you read my recent post about sunscreens, is no bueno in my book. Repurchase? No.

Argania Oh So Soft hand cream
My last tube of this and I'm glad I've finished them all now as I can give a definite opinion of the product. I noticed once the weather got cooler that I was having to use this more & more & it just didn't provide my hands with the amount of moisture it requires. My hands & nails can get rather thirsty (especially if I've been dunking them in water too much) & this to me just doesn't cut the mustard. The hunt for an alternative to my beloved Botani hand cream continues...Repurchase? Nope.

empty beauty products

Healthy Essentials Dairy Free Probiotic 10 capsules
I don't normally feature supplements in my empties posts, but seeing other bloggers include them makes me feel comfortable enough to do so here. I've been using these for some time now and they're not bad, although I do question occasionally whether they're really doing anything for me. That said, if I am by chance feeling nauseous because I ate something I shouldn't have (suspected food intolerances...*rolls eyes*), then I take one of these & within maybe 30 minutes I start to feel better; so I guess they are beneficial for me. Repurchase? Already have.

Manicare Moisturising Nail Polish Remover Pads (Coconut)
I should've put these in my "already mentioned previously" section, but I totally forgot I'd finished one when I took the photos, so I'll just put it here. These are good, but I've got a new favourite nail polish removing product now that's more effective to boot. Repurchase? Yes, but only if I were travelling & needed them. Otherwise, it's a no.

Inika Mineral Foundation (Grace)
As (sort of) mentioned in last month's Shopping Cart, trying to find a natural foundation that suits my pale skin is like finding a needle in a haystack, so thank Christ this Australian brand of natural makeup has a shade that doesn't make me look orange. The coverage is easily buildable, however I wouldn't advocate caking it on because it does look ridiculous - I speak from experience. I really hope Inika don't stop making this shade because I'll be fucked if they do! Repurchase? You saw it in that Shopping Cart post.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz (Medium Brown)
For any of you out there who are total noobs to brow makeup, do yourself a favour & get yourself this cult product because even this makeup-challenged numpty can use it with ease + the medium brown shade is spot on for my natural hair/brow colour. However, I do have a couple of small complaints: I found it a bit difficult to wind up at first + I had no idea of how much I had left in it, so was caught by surprise when it ran out the first night of my recent holiday (hence why I broke it apart to find out what had happened!). Repurchase? Oui, but not until I go to the US later in the year because I simply cba paying $38AUD for one here. I'm gonna try Eye of Horus' pencil next.


Avéne Spot Treatment Pen
Good little zit zapper. That's all you need to know. Repurchase? Already have!


empty beauty products

Already mentioned in previous empties:
Trilogy Cream Cleanser - repurchased, always will repurchase.
Cetaphil Suntivity Liposomal Spray SPF30+ - maybe repurchase. I do like it, but the lower SPF factor concerns me, even though I am protected. I am currently in love with the Sensitive sunscreen from the Cancer Council, so that will more than likely replace this.
Sensodyne Repair & Protect Whitening toothpaste - repurchased.
Nivea Anti-Perspirant Invisible for Black & White roll-on - got 2 back-ups of it.
Trilogy Very Gentle Moisturising Cream - repurchased, always will methinks.

P.S. Monday's rolled around again and I've added this post to the Monday Makeup Madness Party going on over at Fabulous and Fun Life. Check out the other blogs involved!

Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin! 

How many products did you finish during April & May?

10 comments:

  1. Nice haul of empties! I recently got those Manicare nail polish remover wipes in my Priceline gwp bag so am keen to try them out. :) I have missed the past few months of empties as well, so I think it's going to become a 3 month mega long haul post! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you like the remover wipes as much as I have. Unless my empties box is full for the month, then I carry empties posts over to the next month.

      Delete
  2. I feel that's the main issue with organic shampoos, doesn't lather up too well. but I've been using a lot of general shampoos and noticed some hair fall outs :(

    Lily not Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get a fair amount of hair fall out with my bhave shampoo (it's not organic, but it is sulphate-free), but I'm not sure if I should be concerned, given I have a lot of hair.

      Delete
  3. What a lot of empties! Your bathroom must be so much emptier after finishing this lot off! It's a pity you couldn't use up the whole candle before the wick stuffed up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough, I don't keep all my beauty stuff in the bathroom - only skincare & sunscreen live in there (and even then its kept in the fridge during summer). It is a shame about the candle, but honestly, I was getting sick of burning it so I'm glad it died the way it did!

      Delete
  4. You have so many empties! I'm very bad for finishing things lol I really want to try the Bow Wizz now x Louise from beyoutyfulyou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's a great brow product IMO.

      Delete
  5. Brow wiz is great! It's my fav, I'll be keen to hear how you go with EOH.
    My concern is my brow wiz just ending one day too .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you won't break yours apart to see whether it really has ended haha.

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)