Friday, 29 July 2016

Empties Time! (June/July)

empty beauty products

WARNING: Rather negative empties post ahead. Proceed with caution.


empty beauty products

Alpha-H Absoluté Eye Complex (see review)
I liked this and it did do a level of good for my under-eye dark shadows; however, if I put it too close to my tear ducts my eyes stung + the pump was a pain in the butt (and I got it clogged with candle wax after a blackout). Towards the end I was having to remove the pump to get any remaining product out. For what it's worth & the amount you get, I'm not sure if I'll buy it again. Repurchase? Maybe, if they change the packaging.

The Jojoba Company Antioxidant Facial Mist
I had a like/hate relationship with this mist. I hated it at first due to the smell (it's rather woody & if you happen to accidentally spray your mouth like I did several times, it tastes disgusting), but towards the end of the bottle I came around to (begrudgingly) like it somewhat because I felt it may have made my skin look a little brighter. That said, can we talk about the spray nozzle for a minute? From the very first use, the nozzle had a habit of jamming on me every. single. time I spritzed. It has a spring lever attachment in it, which I believe was the problem. Major pain in the arse. Repurchase? Probably not. I prefer rosewater-based facial mists with better spray nozzles.

Sensodyne True White toothpaste in Mint
Like the fact that it's sulphate free (as opposed to every other mainstream toothpaste out there, including the rest of the Sensodyne range), don't like the price tag nor the fact that it didn't do anything to whiten my teeth. I'll have to call in the big guns for that. Repurchase? Already have because despite the negatives, the sulphate free factor is a biggie for me.

Ego Sunsense Sensitive SPF50+ sunscreen
If you read my 3 sunscreens I've been trialling post, you'd know what I think about this. If you haven't, then all you need to know is I hate it and I'm throwing it out, even though it's still just about full. I can't with this sunscreen and I also can't bear to hand it over to my Mum so she can look like a ghost whilst wearing it. At $7.99AUD for this tube, it's not worth worrying about. Repurchase? HELLLLLL NO!

The Jojoba Company Jojoba + Rosehip Oil
Thank Christ this is finished! I've been using it on & off for 10 months now & I'm not a fan of it. Rosehip oil has a tendency to make me break out in pimples of various sizes & that is precisely what happened with this. I also found that I needed to mix it in with my moisturiser to give my skin the nourishment it needed, otherwise it just didn't cut the mustard. Don't entirely know what I was thinking when I bought this bottle, but I'm still glad I tried it, if only to settle my curiosities. Repurchase? Nope. Gimme their original jojoba oil any day of the week.

Ophelia Make-up Rounds
Anyone who frequents Aldi will recognise these (they're now called Lacura Make-up Rounds instead). Technically this packet isn't finished yet, but with 4 rounds left I'm throwing it in here because it will be finished soon. It's taken forever to finish them up because I don't use them for makeup removal and until recently wasn't using them to remove nail polish. Now that I am using them for the latter (and potentially going to use them to remove makeup, along with micellar water), I think I'll get through any spare packets quickly. They are the best makeup remover pads though since they're soft & don't fall apart easily either. In other words, they're the bomb.com. Repurchase? Yes, once my other packet is finished.

Botanicals by ECOYA Midnight Orchid mini candle
I actually finished this at the end of May after I'd completed my previous empties post, but I'm throwing it in here because I couldn't be bothered adding it to the other post. I got this in the David Jones autumn/winter 2016 beauty tote & although I had some misgivings about the scent, it wasn't too bad once I began burning it. In fact, I actually enjoyed it! The scent itself is "a sultry blend of black orchid infused with African violet, muguet, rose, white musk and amber" and IMO it's perfect for this time of year. It is quite sensual & I did feel warm & cozy whenever I sniffed it. Repurchase? Maybe, but only in the small size.

empty beauty products

Already mentioned in previous empties:

Botani Olive Hand Cream x2 
I've got 2 backups of this, after that I won't be re-purchasing - I know, shock horror! - because Priceline don't sell the hand cream anymore and I cba paying full price for it on Botani's website. It's a shame because I've yet to find another hand cream that is as moisturising/lovely/non-tacky as this. If anyone from Priceline is reading this fledgling little blog, PUT IT BACK ON YOUR SHELVES NOW!

Essie - Good To Go  
Already re-purchased.

Manicare x We Are Handsome nail polish remover wipes in Melon Sorbet
Can't re-purchase as they were limited edition & they've since disappeared from shelves. Wouldn't re-purchase even if they were still in stock because OPI's Expert Touch nail polish remover is the bees knees.

Eco by Sonya Coconut Body Milk + Trilogy Very Gentle Moisturiser
Both have already been re-purchased.

Sensodyne Repair & Protect + Whitening 
May re-purchase depending on whether or not I give the True White the flick. At least this one does whiten my teeth a little.

Lanolips 101 Ointment
Just starting on my last back-up as this post goes live & will definitely re-purchase because I ♥ this stuff.

Oopsies, forgot to mention that this post has been linked up with the Monday Makeup Madness partay. 

Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

Have you tried any of these products?

14 comments:

  1. I might try the Aldi cotton rounds, I've been having a love/hate with the Kmart ones. Sometimes they are fluffy and other packets are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try them out, they're quite good IMO, provided you can find them. Sometimes my local Aldi doesn't have any in stock.

      Delete
  2. Love empties posts to hear about your final thoughts and whether you would repurchase!! You use such eco friendly brands - I could definitely take a leaf or two out of your book. Thanks for the new recommendations to add to my list!

    XX Sue

    www.suelovexx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Sue! I admit I do love my natural beauty products, but I'm not so naïve to think that they're ALL brilliant & work well etc.

      Delete
  3. Shame to hear they didn't work for you but I love The Jojoba Company products. Full of natural ingredients and they work really well for my skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore their plain jojoba oil & I do like their philosophy, but sometimes some things just don't work out. I would've liked the Antioxidant Facial Mist more if it weren't for the negatives.

      Delete
  4. I've been wanting to try the Jojoba and rosehip oil as I loveee rosehip oil. It works really well for me but I don't know if jojoba will block my pores or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really noticed any pores being blocked, but then again every skin type is different. I suppose the only thing you can do is try it!

      Delete
  5. Loads of empties but lots seem to be products that you aren't wanting to repurchase. I hope you have better luck with your next round of beauty purchases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I guess this empties post has been a rather negative one! Hopefully the next one won't be like that.

      Delete
  6. welldone on finishing all these products :) Oh no! Sunsense is usually my go to brand for sunscreen :( I've been using their moistursing one and it doesn't give off a white caste :)

    Lily not Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's just that particular one that I bought as I know not all their sunscreens are like that. I should've done my research first & read some reviews before buying it.

      Delete
  7. Terrific post Shell - golly gee, let's hope that Priceline gets their act together, I SO want to try the Botani Olive Hand Cream xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kats! :o) I can't understand why Priceline have stopped stocking it tbh. Then again they never seemed to have much of the hand cream on shelves when they were selling it.

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)