Friday, 22 July 2016

Get To Know Me Tag

tags, get to know me tag

I found this tag over at Thirteen Thoughts a little while ago & since I'm kinda out of post ideas at the moment, I figured it'd be another fun way for you (the reader) to get to know me (Shell, the person behind The Novice Life).


Let's get into it!

1. Are you named after someone?
No, but I know my Dad chose my name because a co-worker of his at the time had a daughter with my name. (BTW, my actual name is Shelley, spelt the non-Americanised way. I go by my nickname because it's easier for everyone IMO. It's definitely not short for Michelle & my name's not Kelly either. *sigh*)

2. When was the last time you cried?
Last month, when I was stressed out over my impending trip and the state of my face.

3. Do you have kids?
No and I'm about 90% sure I won't be having them either.

4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?
I like to think I would, but I'm not sure since I can be quite critical not only of myself, but others too.

5. Do you have a guilty pleasure?
Peeling my nail polish off once it begins to chip + watching crappy reality shows like Ex on the Beach. I draw the line at anything Kardashian-related though because I can't stand Kim.

6. Do you like handwriting?
I do! I'm a serial note-taker, so I always have a notepad & pen with me. Without them I feel a bit lost. I've written whole blog posts just using a notepad & pen!

7. What is your favourite cereal?
I don't have one, but if you pushed me then I'd have to say muesli. I rarely eat cereal though.

8. What is the first thing you notice about people?
Eyes (I'm a sucker for a nice set of eyes) & nails (cleanliness + if they're wearing polish).

9. What colour are your eyes?
BLUE!

10. Scary movies or happy endings?
Happy endings. As I've got older, I've become increasingly sensitive to scary stuff methinks.

11. Favourite TV show?
Just off the top of my head - Offspring, Russell Howard's Good News and for nostalgia's sake, Gilmore Girls. I'm sure there's heaps of others, but I can't think of them right now.

12. Summer or winter?
Summer all the way!

13. Hugs or kisses?
Probably hugs. I don't mind kisses though; but I've only had one great kiss in my life & the dude kissing me was someone I didn't fancy!

14. What's the furthest you've been from home?
Given that I've travelled around the world, I suppose the furthest I've been from home might be either north-west England or eastern Canada or New York. I'm not sure which is the furthest in terms of distance though.

15. Do you have any special talents?
I can sing (kinda) - does that count?

16. Where were you born?
At the Liquid Paper factory...no I'm kidding, I was born & raised in Sydney's outer suburbs.

17. What are your hobbies?
I don't have any hobbies these days, aside from blogging. I used to salsa dance, but I haven't done that for years. I guess I could say cooking & baking are hobbies of mine, along with listening to music.

18. Do you have any pets?
Sadly I don't. I had a pet greyhound, but unfortunately he had to be put down 6 years ago. I miss having a pet though, especially having a dog. I'd happily adopt another greyhound, given the right conditions.

19. Favourite movie?
Too many to mention, but off the top of my head - Mary Poppins (don't laugh!), Dirty Dancing & Grease would be in my top 3-5.

20. What colour is your car?
I don't drive, therefore I don't have one. I'm keen to get a driverless car once they're deemed safe for the roads though.

21. What did you want to be when you grew up?
3 careers stand out - I wanted to be a nurse, an actress/singer (double threat!), then a journalist. I gave up on all of those ideas after deciding that those industries were either too hard to break into or, in the case of nursing, I wasn't sure if I could stand having to take blood. I'm still figuring out what I want to be when I grow up!

Hope you've enjoyed this post & hope its given you more of an insight into moi!

Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

4 comments:

  1. Love Russell Howard's Good News! And definitely not laughing at Mary Poppins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought people might considering it's a Disney movie. I guess I was wrong!

      Delete
  2. Love it! I've handwritten entire blog posts too, and also love Grease. I have to sing all the songs from it when it's on TV though, driving my family mad. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a DVD of Grease that has a songbook with all the lyrics in it. I don't always sing along, but the book makes for a handy reference. :o)

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)