Friday, 5 August 2016

Priceline 40% Off Skincare Sale Haulage

skincare, sales, hauls

So another Priceline 40% off sale has come & gone & yet again I have a haul to show you. At least this time the process was seamless - none of that running around like a headless chicken trying to find stuff!


Without further ado, here's what I lugged home with me:

priceline, skincare, sales, hauls

Essano Rosehip Gentle Facial Cleansing Micellar Water (full size)
Just as I predicted in the wishlist post, I caved & bought one. Besides, I've kinda convinced my Mum she ought to start using it, just as a lazy lady's way of cleansing her face. Considering I failed to convince her to use the other packet of WOTNOT wipes I bought during the January sale (half the time I was chasing after her with one, like a Greek nanna trying to shove food in her grandson's mouth), methinks I'll be using the lion's share of the bottle.

Sukin Renewing Body Scrub with Green Tea & Jojoba + Energising Body Scrub with Coffee & Coconut
Sooooo looking forward to trying these! If I get time, I might try them before I go away & then whack up a "first impressions" post about it. Can't promise anything though.

CLab & Co Coffee Scrub with Coconut + SugarBaby Vita+Skin Slim-Ulate Coconut & Coffee Stimulating Body Scrub
Er, someone went a bit body scrub crazy much?! I decided since I'd quickly nabbed all the items on my wishlist that I'd have a browse around the Priceline I went to (Westfield Pitt St Mall, FYI) and....well...biiiiiiiiiig mistake Shell, biiiiiiig mistake! That said, neither of these scrubs broke the bank at $5.99 & $8.99 (sale price) & I figured I'd take them both away with me & give 'em a whirl. I've heard good things about the CLab scrub, but the SugarBaby one is an unknown entity. The ingredients sounded good (although I doubt they will "slim-ulate" my body), so what the heck, as my maternal grandfather used to say...

priceline, skincare, sales, hauls

Lanolips The Original 101 Ointment x2
I was only going to get 1; but since I go through lip balm like Taylor Swift goes through boyfriends, having a back-up is always handy.

Lanolips Tinted Balm SPF 30 in Rhubarb & Perfect Nude
Bought these as my lips need SPF too and I've tested these enough times to know I like them. I think I may have finally found a nude lip product that suits me! (Perfect Nude is a pink nude, so it should suit all skin tones.)

Lanolips Everyday Rose Hand Cream
Regular readers will know how much of a staple hand cream is in my beauty diet & as I've mentioned several times, Priceline don't stock my (possibly) HG hand cream anymore (and I don't feel like paying $25 a pop for it online), so I'm on a quest to find a replacement. Having tested this hand cream from Lanolips, I know it's not HG status but I figure it'll do for now.

Skin Doctors Bee Venom Bee Venom Treatment with Manuka Honey
This is a little something something I bought for my Mum. She'd spotted it ages ago in Coles, but didn't buy it at the time since she's frugal like that. Even though she nearly backed out when I told her what the full price was, I told her

via GIPHY

because I know she's been curious about trying it  + she's all about dem moisturisers (mature skin & all) + she's been having a rough time of late, so I'm hoping this will be a bit of a pick-me-up for her. Excuse the fact that it's been opened, my Mum wanted to have a sneaky peek.

I've estimated that through this sale I saved around $70-$75 all up - bargain!

Unlike last time, where I bought a whole bunch of staples & nothing new to try (aside from a couple of sunscreens), at least this time I have a few new goodies to play with. Let's just hope that Priceline will continue with these 40% off sales as I do enjoy them & it's a great way of stocking up all at once on stuff in certain categories.

Linking up once again with the Monday Makeup Madness Party over at Fabulous and Fun Life.

Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

Did you haul anything from the skincare sale?

19 comments:

  1. Do love a Priceline sale. I was keen on those scrubs but I do already have a Lush one and a Bitchinskin one that I should probably use up first before I go buying up more. Look forward to hearing about them for the future though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried the green Sukin one already & whilst it smells nice, I think it's more creamy than scrubby. I did feel the scrubby bits on my skin though, so it wasn't a total fail. I'll use it when I feel like a gentle scrub. Going to try the brown/coffee one from Sukin today to see whether that's any different.

      Delete
  2. The Skin Doctors Beetox is a great product and I hope your Mum loves it as much as I do. Great haulage! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she likes/loves it too Di!

      Delete
  3. Priceline sales are the best! I love them! I'm curious to hear how your Sukin Renewing Body Scub is. I reviewed the Sukin Hydrating Facial Masque this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops I didn't see your reply to Beth before I wrote my comment! Sukin products are quite gentle on the skin.

      Delete
    2. That's alright Ingrid, I'll have a post up about the scrubs within the next couple of weeks.

      Delete
  4. Such a nice haul! I really wanted to go and splurge, but I was a really good girl and stayed home :P hehe

    :)
    Sammy | bargainbaglady.com X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sammy! Good on you for resisting...when it comes to this sale, I can't do it haha.

      Delete
  5. Such a great little haul!! I can't wait to hear what you think of the Sukin scrubs! I've been wanting to try them, but I have soooo many body scrubs at the moment...I really need to get rid of them :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I'll have a post up about them in the next couple of weeks hopefully. I think I'm all body scrubbed out now!

      Delete
  6. I resisted this time Shell! I didn't need anything and avoided Priceline when the sale was on. It is so easy to throw something in your basket when it seems so cheap! Nice haul! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't need anything, then I definitely think sales are worth avoiding. Totally agree with you on your last point - that's why I sucked myself into buying the 2 packet body scrubs haha.

      Delete
  7. What a fabulous haul! I am yet to try Lanolips products but I definitely think I am going to have to give them a go (especially the Tinted Balm in Perfect Nude!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do give them a try! I think the Perfect Nude would suit everyone - if a pale girl like myself can rock it, then I think anyone could; plus they contain SPF, so your lips will be protected in the sun.

      Delete
  8. Oooh yes, very nice work Shell - bargains galore and some stunning products. Keen to read your thoughts on the Beetox! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to ask my Mum about it once she starts using it since it was my little treat for her. Maybe I'll get her to do a review?

      Delete
  9. great buys lovely!!! all those laolips, win win win!

    Lily not Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell yeeeeeeah!

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others, ask for a follow-for-follow or post nonsense. Let's play nicely. :o)