Monday, 29 August 2016

Project Polish Winter 2016 - The End (of the Entire Project!)

Missed out on all the Project Polish action on TNL? Read up on about it here. Just want to know about the Winter edition? Find out what polishes I included here and how much progress I made at the halfway mark here.

Ok peeps, let me be real here for a mo. The final few weeks of this Project Polish has been tough. Real tough. I've barely made time to paint my nails, nor have I had a real inclination to do so. I kept telling myself that I'd sit down & do it on a certain day, but then that day came & I was either busy doing other things or, quite frankly, too exhausted to put fingernail to polish.

For some reason throughout each edition of Project Polish, I've done quite well up until halfway & then afterwards its all gone to pot. Maybe there's something in that??


Anyway, enough babbling from yours truly, let's see what hasn't been used:

project polish, nail polish

Yep, two-thirds of this edition pretty much.

Aaaand let's see what did get used:

project polish, nail polish

I popped Pink Champagne on my toes just before I left & I think it might be better on my toes than it is on my fingies. It makes my feet look slightly tanned, even at this time of year (i.e. nearing the end of winter, woo hoo!). I can only imagine what it would look like if I got a proper tan (although I do get a faint tan on my feet during summer anyway).

As for the other 2, I'm still loving Sea Fog sick every time I sport it - just gotta make more use of it! - and Knickerbocker Glory is another one that looks stunning on my skin. I just wish Ciaté hadn't discontinued it!

So what have I learnt from undertaking a beauty-related project? In a nutshell, I've learnt that I'm not cut out for stuff like this and definitely wouldn't do it again. My tendency towards procrastination kept getting in the way of achieving real results and as I mentioned above, after the halfway mark of each edition I would lose focus. I thought that by rotating polishes every season I wouldn't get bored, but it turns out that that wasn't the case. As I've often said to people in the comments sections of my blog, unless you're really dedicated to the cause, then DON'T DO IT! I guess Hailey was right after all....

Follow The Novice Life via Bloglovin!

Have you ever done a Project Polish/Pan of any kind? If so, how successful was it? Would you do it again? If you haven't, would you ever do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)