Monday, 24 October 2016

NOTD: Pink Ribbon Day

notd, pink nail polish

Hola mi amigas! How was your weekend?

Today's post will be a pretty quick, yet kinda poignant one.

As I'm sure you all know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, with the whole month coinciding with Pink Ribbon Day, which is normally held on the last (or, in this case, 2nd last) Monday of the month. I'm also sure that there's not one woman out there who hasn't been touched by breast cancer in some way, shape or form, whether it be personally, through a family member or through a friend. Even if you haven't been affected, there are plenty of high-profile women out there like Jane McGrath, Shannen Doherty or (just recently, sadly) Rebecca Wilson who have either fought & lost their battle with the disease or who are still waging war against it.

So with this day firmly in mind, I decided to do a very simple skittle manicure in support of & as a tribute to the women out there who have battled this disease & won, as well as those who have fought & lost.

Here's what I used:

notd, nail polish

Essie All-In-One (base) | Essie Good To Go (top coat) | Essie - Brides No Grooms (thumb) | OPI - Strawberry Margarita (index) | OPI - Suzi's Hungary Again! (middle) | Sea Siren Cosmetics - Pamper Me Pink (ring) | Sea Siren Cosmetics - Pink Champagne (pinky)

notd, pink nail polish

For each nail I did at least 3 coats, although Pink Champagne required 4 as it is rather sheer....and also rather white-looking on my hands now that I look at the photos. I swear it is pink though! (I also swear that Brides No Grooms + Strawberry Margarita aren't dupes for each other. Brides No Grooms is a touch darker & more berry in hue.) Also, excuse the marks on my bottles, they're left over from my Project Polish series. Should go & rub them off shouldn't I?
Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

Have you or someone you know been affected by breast cancer?

2 comments:

  1. This is really pretty, and to highlight such a great cause. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di! I wanted to do this mani last year but completely forgot about it as the day drew nearer. I'm definitely all about the simple manis. :o)

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)