Monday, 14 November 2016

The Trip Haul (Part 4): Clothes & Random Stuff

hauls, clothes, accessories
Hola mi amigas! Here's the 4th & final installment of "all the shit Shell hauled home from overseas". If you missed any of the earlier Trip Haul posts, you'll find them here.

To prove that I didn't just buy a whole stack of beauty products, I'm also going to show you what else I bought during my trip. Let's get into it:

hauls, jeans, socks

Mavi Nicole Super Skinny Jeans (size 27) 
I ♥ Mavi jeans but they can be a bit expensive here, so when I spotted a proper Mavi store in Berlin, naturally I had to have a look & ended up scoring these for about €80. I was going to get them hemmed as they are a bit long, but I’ve decided to save some dosh by cuffing them instead. Besides, I quite like them that way. I’m also thinking I should’ve gone for a 26 as they feel a bit too loose to be called super skinny!

7 For All Mankind The Ankle Skinny Jeans in Midnight Blue Riche Sateen (size 27) 
I don’t know about you but every single pair of ankle-length jeans I’ve ever tried on have always hit me at an unflattering point, making my cankles ankles appear worse than what they are. These, on the other hand, are a true ankle length (well, for me anyway) & are utterly gorgeous in both feel & look. They were also a bit of a bargain as I scored them for 40% off WOOT! Still not cheap at about $110US though, but when you consider that Myer are selling the same or a similar pair for $270AUD then I reckon I definitely bought a bargain!

Calvin Klein socks 
There were 5 pairs in the pack I bought, the other 2 pairs were in the wash at the time of shooting.

hauls, activewear

Victoria’s Secret Workout Tank (size S), Knockout by Victoria's Secret High Rise Crop in Black (tights - size S), Lightweight by Victoria's Secret Sport Bra in Marl & Hiphugger seamless undies
Without putting a fine word on it, I've had a bit of a fear of activewear in the past. I guess I've always thought my pear body shape wasn't conducive to wearing tights & that activewear would be more figure-hugging than I prefer. However, whilst in Hawaii I decided I wanted to do the Diamond Head Summit Trail hike (more on that when I get around to it) & having not bought any activewear in general (let alone with me), I decided it was time to conquer the silly little voice in my head that told me I couldn't rock it. With this gear from VS, I know I can rock the activewear activewear & feel confident doing so. I almost wish I'd bought another pair of tights now as they're quite comfy. Note: I also bought some bras & underwear from VS, but I've chosen not to put it in the post because the photo wasn't great...and because I don't think you need to see my smalls. ;o)

hauls, books, shoes

Paperchase A5 journal
Roxy thongs/flip-flops/jandals (size 10)
2x Havaianas (US size 9/10)
The pair of thongs/flip-flops/jandals I took away with me were beginning to wear out underfoot & I’ve been curious about Havaianas for a while, so to get 2 pairs in 2 of my favourite prints was great.

Faded Glory sandals (size 10) 
A last minute purchase from Walmart, of all places. These are kinda jazzy with the diamontes (which are silver & rose gold btw) & the neutral base colour works well with everything, not to mention that these are pretty comfy for cheap shoes too.

Thomas Hardy – Far From The Madding Crowd 
As I mentioned in my Amsterdam post, I spent several hours in the public library reading this, primarily out of boredom. What I didn’t expect was to really get into it, although the ye olden language was a bit difficult to get my head around + it did waffle on a little. I didn’t buy this particular copy in Amsterdam (picked it up in San Francisco instead), but my memories of Amsterdam and my trip in general will always be associated with this book.

hauls

Cabeau travel pillow 
Biggest waste of $50 IMO. Am I the only one who feels uncomfortable with a travel pillow under their neck, even if it’s got memory foam? Am I also the only one who can’t get these things to feel comfy, no matter what?

2x Charles Chocolates bars (Tres Cojones (Triple Nut) + Salty-Sweet Hazelnut
I’ll talk more about this San Franciscan chocolatier when I get to my post about the city, but let’s just say that these didn’t last long once I got home. ;o)

2x sunglasses 
I had the misfortune of breaking not 1, but 2 pairs of (admittedly cheap) sunglasses whilst away – the 1 & only pair I had brought with me + a £10 pair from Boots that I’d bought in Cardiff after the first pair broke. I was rather pissed off about the latter since they only lasted me 2 ½ weeks before the right arm broke off. (Not. Happy. Jan!) Here’s hoping these 2 pairs last a lot longer…

A stack of Compeed blister patches (pictured: Soothing Blister pack)
I went a bit Compeed mad whilst away, even though I’d brought some with me. I’m glad I did stock up as I developed (then re-developed) one of the biggest blisters I’ve ever had on my right pinky toe. The pack on top is actually a soothing blister pack, which maybe I should’ve used on that troublesome toe…

Compeed Anti-Blister Stick 
Compeed, if you’re somehow reading my fledgling little blog, could you bring this to Australia please? It works like a charm.

Random drink coasters from Amsterdam's Albert Cuyp Markt
The coaster with the Buddha quote I’m keeping for myself, but I couldn’t go past the other 2 for my Mum…especially the wine one…

Tulip umbrella 
Mine died whilst in Amsterdam, figured I’d pick up something that was functional AND a souvenir.


hauls, accessories

Accessorize 5 pack rose gold studs + Z for Accessorize rose gold plated cubic zirconia earrings (top right) + gold plated cubic zirconia ring (3rd from right, underneath aforementioned earrings)
If I lived in the UK, I’d be walking into Accessorize as often as I do Lovisa or Colette in Oz…and by that, I mean a lot. Surprisingly though, I only walked out with these 3 items. I have enough costume jewellery as is!

Tosh cubic zirconia earrings (top middle) + 1 rose gold ring (2nd from right) + silver ring (right) 
All of these came from Douglas in Berlin, which had some pretty decent costume jewellery amongst all the beauty products. I jokingly call the rose gold ring my fake engagement ring as it looks pretty much like a diamond solitaire!

Tweezerman tweezers

And because I'm sure you want to know what the rings above look like on my fingers, here they are:


rings
Accessorize gold cubic zirconia ring
rings
The Tosh "fake engagement ring" from Douglas
rings
Tosh silver ring from Douglas
Phew, that's it, Trip Haul series over! Now you know why my suitcase was so heavy!


Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely hauling. My Facebook memories keep telling me how I was in America this time 5 years ago. THE HAULAGE!!! I love going into random places like Walmart to pick stuff up . . . what is chain store basic to them is new and exotic to us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I hadn't even thought of going to Walmart until I was in Hawaii. I only went there with my Dad at the last minute to buy some snorkels & reef shoes for the cruise we took back home. We walked out with those things + my sandals + another shirt for him lol. America is so dangerous for us Aussies & our spendings!

      Delete
  2. Further to Beth's comment, I so want to go to Walmart, as I'm dying to try Drew Barrymore's Flower Beauty line of makeup which you can't get in Australia- it's only available in Walmart and they don't ship here! Well done scoring the jeans for 40% off :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bum, don't you hate that? We Aussies get gipped big time on stuff like this unfortunately. :o( I think I did see Flower Beauty whilst in the States, but I can't recall where I saw it.

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)