Friday, 23 December 2016

A Christmas NOTD

Christmas, NOTD, nail polish, Zoya, Essie

Hola mi amigas!

I'm sure this hasn't escaped you; but in case you've been living under a rock, we're 2 days away from Christmas! Hope you all have got your fridges & pantries stocked full of delicious food & drink + presents under the tree for your loved ones....or money at the ready in case you're like my family & don't really do presents. (We're not Scrooges, we just figure we'd rather give money & then that way we can buy what we want iinstead of ending up with something we neither like nor will use.)

But enough about that...I've decided to join in the Christmas spirit this year via my nails! I initially had another, even simpler idea in mind, using just some red nail polish & some multi-coloured glitter around my cuticles, before I had a brainwave & came up with this idea. This mani is still fairly simple, yet feels oh so festive when I look at it. Now I really feel like it's Christmas! (Even though I live upside down/in the southern hemisphere & it won't be snowing. It'll be more like about 28-30°C on the day, which will be nice.)

Christmas, Essie, nail polish, nails, Zoya

To begin with, I used both Zoya's Anchor base coat on my pinky, middle & thumb nails + Essie's All-in-One on the other 2 nails. I then did 2 coats of Zoya's Elise (mid-red metallic) on my pinky & thumb nails, 2 coats of Essie's Coconut Cove (creamy off-white) on my ring finger, 3 coats of Zoya's Giovanna (emerald metallic) on my middle finger (I felt it was required as I had a bald spot on each nail) + (with a dabbing or dabbing & dragging method) 2-3 coats of Essie's Rock at the Top (gold glitter) on my index finger.

Christmas, nail polish, Essie, Zoya, nails

For the stripes, I used Elise & Giovanna again, but also added Essie's Good as Gold (antique gold chrome) & No Place Like Chrome (silver metallic chrome). I'm quite pleased with how they turned out on my right hand....but my left hand (which I normally show for NOTD posts)....well....that was a bit of a fuck-up.

Christmas, nails, nail polish, Zoya, Essie
Left hand
Christmas, nail polish, nails, Zoya, Essie
Right hand
Regardless, I'm quite proud of my Christmas-y nails & I hope I've given you some inspo for your own digits.

I'll just let you know that there won't be a post on Monday as it's a public holiday in Oz, but from Tuesday right up until NYE there will be a post every single day. Just a hint: I'll be wrapping up the year that was, plus I'll be posting my last empties for 2016.

Until then, I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas & that December 25 is full of good food, good drink, good times & good cheer!


Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

2 comments:

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)