I saw this tag over at Kellie Gonzo (who's now retired) a while ago & yet again thought it'd be fun to do + I'm sort of struggling to get a couple of posts finished at present, so here's a light-hearted post for your Monday....
1. What colour are you wearing right now? Zoya's Alicia (a silver linear holo) on my fingernails, Essie's In The Cab-Ana (aqua créme) on my toes. I'm a bit disappointed with Alicia, the holo isn't all that strong on my digits.
|Photo of Alicia taken in artificial light|
2. What nail product can't you live without? Hand cream, der! I know it's not technically a nail product, but if you want to get technical then cuticle oil it is for me. My hands & nails get dry very easily & soak up moisture fast.
3. What is your favorite nail brand? Oooh this is tricky! I guess if you had a look at my stash, then either OPI, Zoya or Essie would win out purely based on how many I own from them; so it's a toss-up between all 3. Essie win for the range of colours, OPI win because their formulas are almost always consistent and I've rarely had a problem painting with them; but Zoya is fast moving up the ranks though. The more polishes of theirs that I've used (and I've only used about 3-4 so far), the more I begin to adore them for the same reasons I like OPI...except Zoya are both cruelty-free and 5-free (meaning, for those of you who aren't nail polish afficionados, that they're free from formaldehyde, dibutyl phthalate, toluene, formaldehyde resin & camphor).
4. What shape nail do you wear? I'd say mine are squoval-ish. I'd love to get them into a true oval shape, but I'm crap at filing them as is!
5. What's your go to Red, Pink & Neutral Nail Polish? Red's not something I tend to wear often; but if I had a go-to, then it'd be Butter London's Knees Up (metallic red). Pink? Probably OPI's Strawberry Margarita. Neutral again isn't something I wear that much nor own much of, so I don't think I can answer this part of the question properly...unless you count grey as a neutral. In that case, Sea Siren Cosmetics' Sea Fog is my fave neutral!
6. Short or Long Nails? I think both serve their purpose. I don't tend to trim mine too short though, nor do I like letting them grow too long, otherwise they start to hurt & I get scared I'll break them. I think a medium-long length is fine by me.
7. What nail polish colours are on your nail wishlist? Oh God, we'll be here forever! To keep things short, I'll just say that I'm after a whole stack of shades from Ella+Mila & KB Shimmer, plus I'm after several from Pretty Serious Cosmetics & a few from Cirque Colors, Emily de Molly & Cupcake Polish. I'm also after both collections that Kester Black bought out in 2016, as well as Monarch & Sorbet from their 2015 spring/summer collection. Can't wait to see what Kester Black come up with for this year!
8. When do you paint your nails, morning, afternoon or evening? Generally I do it any time from mid-morning to afternoon. I have painted them at night, but tbh the lighting in my current bedroom is shithouse & I find it a wee bit difficult to see what I'm doing, even though I have good eyesight.
9. What's your top nail tip you swear by? Moisturise, moisturise, moisturise! I see no sense in painting your nails if they're raggedy & unkempt. I know it's a chore but once you get into the habit of applying hand cream all the time, it stops becoming a chore, trust me.
10. What nail polish do you regret buying? Jeez, I'll be here half a day listing them! If I had to choose a top 3, then I'll say I regret buying Butter London's Goss & Poole + OPI's Chasing Rainbows. All 3 have since gone to better homes...and no, not the garbage bin.
11. Neon or Pastel? I'd go pastel since neons aren't really my thing. They remind me too much of highlighter textas.
12. What's your favorite colour right now, that you wear all the time? I can't really answer this question since I chop & change colours all the time & there's still heaps of colours I've yet to sport on my digits.
Added this to the Monday Makeup Madness link-up. Head on over & check out the other blog posts involved!
Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!