Friday, 24 March 2017

Is It Weird To Follow Your Own Blog?


This is a question I've been pondering for a while.

I've seen fellow bloggers do this with their own blogs on Bloglovin' (albeit via their personal accounts) & for the life of me, I can't understand why. Is it to bump up their follower count? Is it to keep an eye on how their blog posts look once they go live? I don't know.

I'm also asking this question because I've been considering doing the same thing with my own blog. Whilst I do have people following my blog on Bloglovin', I also have people following me under my personal profile. At a time where I would like to gain more activity & reads from Bloglovin', the fact that people are following just me & not my blog is a bit frustrating, even though my Bloglovin' follower count remains the same regardless. I've also seen my blog come up on Bloglovin' (on occasion) when I've begun following someone else's blog & I won't lie, I have been tempted to hit "follow" just for fun. However, for some reason it just doesn't quite sit right with me - it feels a bit narcissistic. That's just my prevailing thought though, take it with a grain of salt.

So here's what I'd like to know...

If you're a blogger, do you follow your own blog on Bloglovin' or any other blog-related social media? Why have you done this? Is there any benefit to be gained from it, or is it more a case of quality control?

(P.S. If you aren't following my blog yet, then what the hell are you waiting for?)

6 comments:

  1. I never knew that people follow their own blogs. That is very interesting.

    Lubz || http://lubzsays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's really a thing; but I have noticed it & thought it was an interesting topic to discuss, especially since I'd been thinking about doing it myself.

      Delete
  2. I'm following you! I'm pretty sure I don't follow my own blog on Bloglovin' but I do subscribe to my emails so I can see how they look. I also follow my own Facebook page (lol) and I don't remember why I did that. It does feel a bit weird, hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I know you are. :o) Hey, I'm not judging you (or anyone else for that matter) for following yourself! I'm just interested to know why people do it...maybe to justify why I should do it.

      Delete
  3. I follow my own blog on Bloglovin', just so I can see how it comes up in a feed compared to others and learn what kind of pics and titles look best. Bumping numbers up by one doesn't really come into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured that was the reason why & it's the one reason why I'd do it. I guess my own thoughts of narcissism are just that - silly thoughts. Thanks for stopping by Beth!

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)