Friday, 19 May 2017

NOTD: Nebulous Things

piCture pOlish, nail polish swatch, Australian indie polish

Hola mi amigas!

Before I get into today's post, I'd like to apologise for being absent the past couple of weeks. I went on a brief holiday to the Gold Coast (more on that in the near future) & as usual, didn't have any posts scheduled during my time away. I also came down with the flu halfway through my holiday & felt like a phlegm-y, husky sauna both before & since I got home late last week, so haven't felt like blogging. I am beginning to feel better now, thankfully. At least I've re-gained my voice (YAY)!

But enough about that, let's chat nail polish....or more specifically, what I'm currently sporting on my digits.


piCture pOlish, nail polish swatch, Australian indie polish
Indoors, natural light

To begin with, I used 1 coat of Essie's all-in-one base coat & let that dry. I then painted 3 coats of piCture pOlish's Nebula onto all fingers before sealing it all with 2 coats of Poshé's fast-drying top coat.

piCture pOlish, nai polish swatch, Australian indie polish
Outside, in shade

A few things I ought to tell you about this polish:

1. It's been discontinued so if you want a bottle, then you'll have to search for it. I bought mine almost 2 years ago.
2. I've never painted with a jelly polish before, so application was pretty interesting. Despite the glitter riot, I found this really smooth to paint with - easier than some of my crémes! I also didn't mind having to do 3 coats since jelly polishes tend to be less opaque.
3. I'm kinda disappointed with this. In the bottle, the aqua/magenta/purple glitter really stands out & makes this polish appear oh so alluring (especially if you like shiny things), but on the nail I feel it gets a bit lost in amongst the dark blue jelly base. I've done my best to represent it as best as I can in the photos, but I wish the glitter popped a bit more. I might try it as a glitter topper over a dark blue polish next time.

All in all, I feel a bit meh about Nebula. Luckily for me, I own other piCture pOlish(es) that I really dig, like Chillax & Swagger.

This post has gone straight to the pool room....and by the pool room, I mean the Monday Makeup Madness link party.

Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

Ever purchased something you liked at first sight, only to discover it was a bit of a dud?








16 comments:

  1. I actually really like the look of that nail polish. I do understand being disappointed when expecting something and it turns out not meeting expectations

    Indie// In Search of the Holy Grail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, I just wish the glitter popped a bit more on the nail. Maybe my expectations were too high.

      Delete
  2. I really love it and I bet it looks even sparklier in person! I don't have any piCture pOlish shades, but will check out your recommendations :)

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks more sparkly in low light - I kept turning my hands around trying to find a decent light source. Do check them out Di - I've got my eyes on several more aquatic shades that PP have brought out recently.

      Delete
  3. This looks so pretty! I love the sparkles through it :) x
    x Marisa (www.marisarobinson-mua.com/makeup-by-marisa @marisarobinson.mua)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty shade, despite my slight disappointment with it.

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous colour, and anything sparkly gets a bit TICK in my books x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm partial to a bit of sparkle myself Barbe!

      Delete
  5. I think it looks fabulous on you! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! It does help that the base colour is one of my favourite shades in the world. ;o)

      Delete
  6. This is a stunning nail color. Everything with glitters is just a bomb.

    Michelle Morchella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed - I've got another glitter bomb from piCture pOlish that I'm hoping to try out sooner rather than later.

      Delete
  7. It looks amazing despite not meeting expectations. I wish I had the patience to do my own digits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like everything, it's a case of making time to do it. It takes me quite a while to do my nails (only because I do thick coats & want time to dry it all), hence why I don't do it as often as I should. I think I prefer collecting polish more than wearing it!

      Delete
  8. First of all hope you're feeling heaps better Shell! I can understand your disappointment, but hey, in my eyes this is super gorgeous. Pity it's discontinued as it's a stunner xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kats, I am now, although it took a while to get over & part of me still doesn't feel QUITE over it. I'm beginning to think I was quite harsh in my assessment of this - it translates a bit better in photos I have to admit. It is a pity that it's been discontinued (as far as I'm aware) as I want other people to experience it for themselves!

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)