Friday, 5 May 2017

The Shopping Cart (April)

the shopping cart quote

It's that time of the month again....no not that one...the one where I round up all my purchases for your voyeuristic pleasure & tell you about each & every one of them.

As always, any sales or links mentioned in this post are correct at the time of publishing. If by chance those links are broken or sales are no longer happening by the time you read this post, then I can't nor won't be held responsible.

After 2 low-buy months, I got a bit more spendy during April, hence why I'm doing this post now instead of the end of May. At risk of repeating myself, I know I've said I'll probably make these sorts of posts a bi-monthly thing; but you never know, occasionally I may have enough to justify an earlier post.

Ok now I'm just babbling for the sake of filling space....get on with it girl!

FASHION

Portmans dalmation knit

Portmans dalmation knit close-up

Portmans Dalmation Print Knit (size XS) - had had my eye on this for over 2 months before taking the plunge - I'll forgive Portmans for the spelling mistake because this top is lovely & cosy & the print is up my alley (although it does ride up a little) - can wear this with jeans or a nice skirt - it's sold out since this post went live, but you can find the same print (with a different material mix) here (although that's about to sell out too)

Portmans raised dot knit + Mavi Alexa white skinny jeans

Portmans raised dot knit close-up

Portmans Raised Dot Knit in Grey Marle (size XS - grey marle sold out, still available in navy & peach blush) - I originally tried on the flamingo pink version, only to find that that shade of pink might not suit my skin tone - went for the grey instead & it's perfect - this also comes in navy, but I'm trying to avoid buying blue clothing this year (unless I absolutely can't live without it) - I'm loving knits/knit tops this autumn/winter season & this is a welcome addition to my wardrobe - it's nice & stretchy - the raised dots make me feel like I have multiple nipples LOL

Mavi Alexa Mid Rise Skinny White Reform jeans (size 28) - went to the Mavi outlet store in Alexandria hoping to score another pair of jeans I'd had my eye on, but came out with these instead - I'd had my eye on these too, but wasn't sure about them due to my well-documented history of fucking up white clothing + a misguided belief of not looking good in white jeans - turns out I was wrong! (And happy to admit it!) - these will go with anything and everything - in hindsight I could've gone down 1/2 a size as they are gape-y at the waist (provided I could fit into them) - THEY'RE OVER 50% OFF RRP PEOPLE!! IF YOU LIKE THEM, RUN DON'T WALK!!


BEAUTY


Sukin Purifying Shampoo
I mentioned this in the last empties post & have re-purchased it to clean my make-up brushes. I'm sure I could get something cheaper to wash them with, but I like this enough for use here. It'll take me forever to get through the bottle (and by then it'll be well over the 6-month use-by date), but I don't mind.

Eco Tan Extreme Exfoliating Mitt
You might remember seeing me throw out my old one in the last empties post & after weeks of being unable to find it anywhere, I finally went & bought another one. This comes in handy whenever I feel like exfoliating but don't feel like getting out my scrub & dirtying up the shower, thus avoiding the potential for either myself or another family member to fall A over H whilst in there due to the shower being slippery.

Carmex lip balm x2 (2nd one not pictured)
For some reason (probably the change in seasons), from mid-March up until early April my lips were playing up a treat. I began developing what appeared to be eczema on the left hand side of both my top & bottom lips, plus the cracks I occasionally get in the corners of my mouth were coming out to play again. Unfortunately everything I had in my lip balm arsenal just wasn't working (and still isn't, sadly) - from my beloved Lanolips 101 Ointment & Bite Beauty lip mask to plain ol' paw paw ointment - and eventually something had to give. I was sick of constantly re-applying lip balm only to have it wear off within an hour & my lips return to feeling like the Sahara & the Kalahari deserts combined. In my desperation I returned to an old favourite, a lip balm I used for well over a decade before converting to Lanolips - Carmex. And whaddya know, within 3-4 days the eczema disappeared, along with the almighty crack in the left hand corner of my mouth, and my lips returned to normal pretty much. Halleujah! Also glad to say that my lips have been fairly happy ever since.

Ego SunSense Sensitive Invisible SPF50+ x2
I just finished up my first (small) tube of this around mid-April & I liked it so much that I went & bought a larger tube over the Easter weekend, plus a smaller tube for my handbag.


MISCELLANEOUS

via JB Hi-Fi

John Mayer - The Search For Everything
I mentioned purchasing this in the April Happy List & of course, my enjoyment of it is continuing. After the disappointment that was Paradise Valley (well, for me anyway...although my mate Adam would beg to differ), this album is well & truly a return to form & is a combination of what I reckon are his 2 best albums: Continuum + Born & Raised. I'm glad I took the punt & checked this out as it might end up being my favourite album of 2017 (unless Lorde or Meg Mac can beat him). I'm hoping he'll tour here soon so I can hear these songs live!

Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

Have you ever smashed through a fashion misconception?

2 comments:

  1. I love the Portmans spotty dalmatian print top even if they spelled it wrong! It looks so cute on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di, I love it. Worn it several times already.

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)