Friday, 2 June 2017

Empties Time! (May)

May empties

Hola mi amigas!

Another month has passed & yet again it's time for me to take out the beauty trash. There's 3 products in here that I finished at the end of April, but I've rolled them over into this edition of Empties Time(!) because I cba photographing & adding them to that aforementioned empties post. My empties box is quite heavy due to these candles & I'd rather empty it now than roll it over into this month & do a bi-monthly post.


Let's see what's going in the bin from May:

May empties - large

Ecoya Sweet Fruits & Champagne candle (limited editon)
Would you believe that it's taken me 16 months from the time of purchase to get through this baby? Yep, this candle came out for Christmas 2015 (and again last Christmas, but in different packaging) & it's taken me that long to get through it. Mind you, I only started burning it last winter, so I'm fudging the facts a bit here. As much as I adore this scent (fruity champagne ftw), I'm a bit over it now & I'm just glad this candle is gone so I can move on to something else. Repurchase? Maybe, if it came out again this Christmas.

Glasshouse Montego Bay Coconut & Lime large candle
I've been on a mission to use up my stash of jar candles recently & this was one of them. I've had it for over a year now (my Mum gifted it to me after a weekend away) & it took close to 6 months to burn up. I đź’™ the scent of this - so tropical, so me & so much better than the mini-size that I burnt a while ago. Repurchase? Definitely, but not until I finish the others I have.

Pacifica Hawaiian Ruby Guava body butter
I've been meaning to do a review of these Pacifica body butters that I picked up in America last year, but I haven't got around to it purely because what can I say about them other than they smell delicious & work well as a body moisturiser? (Well, at least this zingy, fruity one does. I haven't tried the other 2 yet.) It'd be a pretty boring review if you ask me. I've taken photos of them, but I think I'll have to discard the idea now that I've finished this. Repurchase? I might, if I find it again.

Lanolips Rose Everyday Hand Cream
You see this every month, nothing new to report here. Repurchase? Down to my 2nd last one, but I'm reserving it for later.

May empties - small & medium

Karuna Age-Defying+ Face Mask (single use)
I took this away with me to the Gold Coast, used it up one night & quite enjoyed it (although I did use the leftover serum across several days). I'm beginning to think their dry/dehydrated mask is the only dud as I've enjoyed the other 2 that I've used from Karuna (this + another anti-ageing one whose name I can't remember at present). I still don't think they're all that special though. Repurchase? Maybe.

Wotnot Facial Wipes for normal/sensitive skin (sample pack)
You guys will have seen the full size of these wipes in my empties posts before & I was happy to receive them again in an Easter Show showbag. I chucked this sample pack into my handbag & they came in handy whilst I was away, especially when soap wasn't around or my Mum & I had greasy fingers from eating delicious fish & chips up at Port Macquarie (true story). Repurchase? I think I'm still making my way through a full-sized pack....

Andalou Naturals Instant Soothing 1000 Roses Rosewater Face Mask (single use)
Firstly, my lord that's a mouthful! Moving on....I thought this mask was ok, nothing special. It's designed for sensitive skin, but I didn't use it over my entire face (I concentrated it on my cheeks as they get dry & hot). Like the brightening mask I used up in a previous empties post, this too isn't entirely single use - I got about 2-3 uses out of it before it dried up in my fridge & became un-usable. Repurchase? No, although I have the serum sheet mask version to use next. Hoping that one will be better.

Bite Beauty Lush Lip Tint (Watermelon)
Look, look, I finished another lip product that isn't lip balm, YAAAAAAY! You know when you can see a product that's so close to being finished that you become determined to finish it? That's what happened with this. I've had it for ages & knew it was nearly finished, so decided to focus on it throughout May & whaddya know, I finished it last weekend....or got it as close to finished as I wanted to. All you need to know is that it's a gorgeous watermelon pink, fairly hydrating on the lips; but it doesn't contain SPF. And you know I'm all about dat SPF. Repurchase? No, I'm over it now.

The Jojoba Company 100% Australian Jojoba Oil (travel/sample size)
Just when you think you've finally got rid of a product out of your life...you find another one lying around. I found this in my Mum's bathroom cabinet towards the end of last summer & offered to finish it. If you're a regular reader of my empties posts, you'll know my feelings about this oil; but for those of you who are stumbling across TNL for the first time via this post, all you need to know is this is a nice facial oil but it doesn't sink into the skin, leaving you looking a bit...well...greasy. Repurchase? 2 letters: N & O. I am keen to try The Ordinary's 100% Organic Argan Oil though.

Avéne Spot Treatment Pen
Another regular empty. I finish these a fair bit, even though I don't have acne-prone skin - I get pimples from either my hormones or over-consumption of certain foods. It does the trick...and I've also discovered that it works on newly burst blood vessels too, strangely enough. Repurchase? Of course!

Loréal Magic Touch Root Concealer in Dark Brown (REVIEW)
I've said everything I need to say about it in that review, nothing's changed. Repurchase? I purchased the American version (with a slightly different name) last year, going to start using that up now.

May empties - samples + throw-outs



Yet again I have a bunch of samples that I got through whilst away, plus another one I'd been slowly working my way through. None of them are that special to warrant a full-size purchase.

I'm also throwing out my Eco Tools mascara & brow brush. It keeps falling apart all the time & I'm not so pov that I can't afford another one (although they don't seem to sell this brush alone anymore). Also throwing out my first bottle of Poshé's fast drying top coat as like Essie's Good to Go, this too has thickened up & begun to misbehave. Not to worry, I've cracked open the other bottle I have.

Products Finished In May (including samples & candles): 16
Products Finished So Far This Year (including samples & candles): 58

Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

As per usual, I've added this post to the Monday Makeup Madness linky link-up.

Did you discard any meh products last month? 

8 comments:

  1. That's a decent amount of empties that you got through! I just want to add that I always like to "where's wally" your watermark, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL maybe I should nickname my wandering watermark Wally!

      Delete
  2. I need to buy more glasshouse candles, they're a fave of mine. Wotnot are my absolute fave wipes. I go through so many as I use them for everything. So good on sensitive skin :)
    Alinta, polishandpaws.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a fav of mine too, although I'm a fan of Ecoya & Elume as well. Wotnot wipes are the best!

      Delete
  3. I'm on a mission to finish off some of my candle stash as well. I have a bad habit of starting to burn one candle but then rotating it with another candle and never getting to the bottom of any of them. I'm now trying to finish off at least a couple of them before starting any more new ones.

    Ingrid
    http://www.fabulousandfunlife.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea Ingrid! I'm burning several atm throughout the house just so I can get rid of them. I'm close to finishing another one, which will be in the next empties post.

      Delete
  4. OMG candles! Yes thanks for the reminder that I too have a stash that I need to get through - I usually only burn them in the cold weather as they always make me feel warm and toasty. Loved just about all of my May throw-outs, my post will be up in the next couple of days. You did exceptionally well hon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Kats! I too usually only burn them during autumn/winter as my house gets far too hot in summer to do so...plus they make me feel warm & toasty too.

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)