Friday, 28 July 2017

July Beauty Favourites

Hola mi amigas! Welcome to my first ever Beauty Favourites post!

When I first began blogging, it seemed like these sorts of posts were the shiz, but that seems to have died down a bit now & out of the bloggers I follow, I only see a small handful do these monthly posts.

The next question is: why have I never published one? Weeeeeeeell....for starters, my beauty stash is rather small (aside from my polish collection). I pretty much use the same products month in month out & haven't bought a lot of new stuff recently either. I did do a Beauty Faves section in my March Happy List post which frankly I should've dedicated a separate post to, given the way I type lol. I can't give you guys any guarantees that this will be a regular feature on TNL; I'll probably just pump them out when I feel like it.

So what products have I been lovin' this month? Read on peeps, read on:


beauty, beauty faves, body care, skin care, hair care, nail polish

The Ordinary 100% Cold-Pressed Argan Oil
You'll see me talk more about this in the next Shopping Cart post on Monday, but let's just say I've found my new favourite facial oil.

Pacifica Island Vanilla body butter
Gotta be honest, I wasn't sure about this body butter at first. Sure, it's moisturising, just like the Hawaiian Ruby Guava one I finished previously, but I originally thought this Tahitian & Bourbon vanilla scent was....meh I guess. It wasn't until I caught a whiff of it one day that I thought "wow, this is quite warming & delicious" - the "warming & delicious" part coming from the Bourbon vanilla. I smell like a cupcake every time I apply it & for that reason, I'm now in love with it. It's a delightful, gorgeous scent that's getting me through these chilly winter days & nights.
 

GHD heat protect spray (UK version)
I say UK version because a. I bought it over there & b. the Aussie version contains alcohol denat, which I'm allergic to (this version doesn't contain that ingredient, fortunately). I don't use heat to style my hair all that often because I'm lazy AF with my mane, but when I do I'm glad I've got this baby on hand because unlike other heat protectants I've tried, this one is so light & yet so effective. It keeps my hair feeling soft & protected, but without the tackiness you can get from other heat protectants. Although the scent isn't my cuppa (smells like a cross between toothpaste & men's deodorant), in every other department it's a winner. I know the next time I'm in the UK, I'm going to pop into John Lewis & score me another can.

Sea Siren Cosmetics - Deep Blue Sea Wanderlust Mini polish
Back in 2015, around the time of my birthday, I went a bit batty during the annual stocktake sales & bought a whole heap of mini polishes from Aussie "indie" (I've put that in inverted commas as I'm not sure if they could be called an indie) polish brand Sea Siren Cosmetics, including this gorgeous deep blue metallic. I've only worn it a couple of times, but now I'm thinking I ought to wear it more often....or at least use it up as I now have 2 other full-sized deep blue metallic polishes just waiting to be swatched. The aforementioned stocktake sale is currently on, so if you like this polish, go & snap one up for yourself!

nail polish, Sea Siren Cosmetics, Deep Blue Sea, blue nail polish, Aussie nail polish
Yours truly wearing Sea Siren Cosmetics' Deep Blue Sea, 1 day after application. It's deeper IRL.
As usual, I'm hooking this post up with the Monday Makeup Madness link-up partay over at Fabulous and Fun Life.

Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

Have you tried any of these? What have been your favourite beauty products this month?

14 comments:

  1. I love the Deep Blue Sea shade of polish, it's really pretty!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous isn't it? I couldn't stop staring at my nails when I had it on. Such a sucker for metallic polish!

      Delete
  2. the deep blue sea looks so pretty ! i like it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear so much about The Ordinary products, need to get my hands on one soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, there's so much buzz surrounding them atm it's not funny! I'm normally quite sceptical about overhyped products, but I figure if I give them a go it's not breaking my wallet. So far I'm liking the argan oil & I'm hoping to pick up a couple more products from The Ordinary this week.

      Delete
  4. Love the sound of the Pacifica Island Vanilla body butter! Love vanilla anything :) Great favorites post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's delicious - so much that you might want to eat it rather than apply it! I'm a big vanilla lover too.

      Delete
  5. That polish is so pretty! I must be the only blogger who hasn't tried The Ordinary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there's still a number of bloggers who haven't tried them yet, so I wouldn't worry too much!

      Delete
  6. I do love this post theme Shell - always intrigues me to find out what other gals love, and I've found some of my own loves that way too. Newest fave for me is the Antipodes Hosanna H20 Skin Plumping Serum xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always like finding out what other people's faves are too. It's a bit difficult for me to do these posts regularly since my beauty stash is so small! I think I've tested that Antipodes serum before, but unfortunately it didn't agree with me.

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)